Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Crazy to spend $90 on outfit for kids?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw it on @chickidsfinds stories. She has an amazing selection of stuff ranging from affordable to designer. (She doesn't sell - she is a personal shopper and I love her page.)

This?
https://I.imgur.com/ocYA3Ls.jpg

Last edited by watergirl on Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

eileengray

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:37 pm
OP, if you’re talking about the one with the pastel stripes, I’d say go for it! The pattern is really unusual and would look so cute in pictures. The material also looks super comfortable!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:38 pm
I saw the striped colored shirt. I wouldn't call it gorgeous, though it is cute. Definitely not worth $70 imho.

amother
OP

watergirl wrote:
This?

My filter doesn't let me see the image

amother
Azure

HeartyAppetite wrote:
Is it the striped shirt? I loved it as well!

I thought she overrated it but still. Check if luibelle has it and get 10% off if you’re a new costumer.

Personally I’ll buy one thing in that range a season and be really thrifty with the rest and I feel good all around.

Zara not on sale (when all my baby’s sizes were sold out) adds up quickly. I personally rather one nicer thing, a bunch of target/ hm sale and last years clearance which is way cheaper than Zara.

watergirl

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My filter doesn't let me see the image

I fixed it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:41 pm
Yes it's the striped shirt. That one I would call "adorable." It would look so nice with my boys' skin and hair color and I love pastel colors!

The same company also has a textured white shirt that I would call "gorgeous," paired with simple black shorts.

Both of these shirts are $70. I don't think they are worth that in terms of quality (I'd have to see it in person to decide) but never before did a $70 short call my name as much as these do Wink

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:45 pm
watergirl wrote:
I fixed it.

Still not working for my phone

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes it's the striped shirt. That one I would call "adorable." It would look so nice with my boys' skin and hair color and I love pastel colors!

The same company also has a textured white shirt that I would call "gorgeous," paired with simple black shorts.

Both of these shirts are $70. I don't think they are worth that in terms of quality (I'd have to see it in person to decide) but never before did a $70 short call my name as much as these do Wink

If you love it, go for it! It doesn't matter what we think.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's not like I can't afford it but it's not like I'd spend without a second thought either. I don't usually spend anywhere near that much because:
My kids sometimes decide they don't like their clothing and refuse to wear it.

I don't want to be upset if it gets dirty.

I like to live beneath our means, and don't want to get used to high standards (dressing 2 kids in $90 outfits is a bit "easier" than dressing 4-5 kids...).

I want to be relaxed when the kids eat and play...

But...
The shirts are gorgeous!

I found that when I splurged on a high price item, the next time it seemed ok and didn't feel like such a splurge. It became more normal and it didn't stay as that isolated incident.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I found that when I splurged on a high price item, the next time it seemed ok and didn't feel like such a splurge. It became more normal and it didn't stay as that isolated incident.

Right. That's why I don't want to do it...

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I guess it depends on personality and budget habits. I’m not really like that at all. I actually realized that once I got a more high end item I felt better about buying cheaper stuff, knowing that if ill really want it I’m bh able to splurge.

Sebastian

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:52 pm
It's not going anywhere...think about it and see what you can find cheaper

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:01 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Where not? Go to any local store. That’s the price and they’re all selling out. Brooklyn: Whoopi, little loungers, la bambini, tiny town, Judy nook, the red balloon shop, panda and cub. Lakewood is the same maybe Monsey is a bit cheaper.

I live in the tri-state area but not Monsey, Brooklyn, or Lakewood.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:04 pm
watergirl wrote:
This?

Oh my, that reminds me of concentration camps uniforms. Plus it’s a very feminine color palette.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Oh my, that reminds me of concentration camps uniforms. Plus it’s a very feminine color palette.

Why would this shirt remind you of concentration camp uniform? It's not even similar.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:11 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Where I live in the tri-state area, these things get snatched off the shelves. Literally.

I live in the tri-state area, where starter houses top a million dollars, and kindergarten tuition is more than $20,000. And I do not know a soul who dresses their toddlers in $70 shirts. Or dresses their boys beyond infancy in leggings, for that matter.

But IMNSHO, if you love it and can afford it, go for it. Just let your kid still be a kid in it. If he stains it on the second wearing, so be it (That said, we usually have our kids change into tee shirts, or wear tee shirts over their clothes, for Shabbat lunch. We offer tees to guests as well. If their clothes get stained, so be it. But why invite it.)

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Why would this shirt remind you of concentration camp uniform? It's not even similar.

The vertical stripes and the material. It was my first reaction.

Zehava

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Eh
The striped shirt isn’t calling my name. I don’t like pastels on boys so much and stripes are just way too cliche. But to each their own.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:36 pm
It’s cute but not gorgeous IMO. Id save my $90 for something really cute.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics