Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Do people pay R MM Weiss if they go to his Daf Yomi Shiur?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 12:04 am
Someone went a few times and felt it was understood that most people pay him.

True or false?

If yes, how much?

Weekly? Monthly?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:23 am
Id love to hear from someone whose husband has been going to his Daf Yomi Shiur for a long time, if theyve paid him.

malki2

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:32 am
I don’t know regarding RMMW in particular, but it’s probably a nice idea to remunerate to some degree someone who gives you a daily shiur for 7.5 years. At least a generous Chanukah / Purim gift should be in order. It’s just common decency.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:36 am
I go to several weekly shiurim and we collect around Chanukah and Pesach, and for simchos in the family. Suggested minimums but no pressure.
Years ago I got transcribed shiurim by R' Weiss by email. There was someone who was the contact person IIRC his name is Shelly Zeitlin. Someone like that would be a good person for OP to contact.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:58 am
My husband gives the daf every morning.
The guys give him small amount of cash chanukah and pesach and succos thats it.
He doesn't expect more, he feels like its his privilege and honor

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 2:44 pm
My father gives a daf yomi class . He doesn't get paid but gets nice gifts a few times a year . Also people in his class sponser the siyumim as they go.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:19 pm
Thanks all.

Any chance that more well known Rabbonim like R MM Weiss, get paid by the week or month?

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:46 pm
Why don't you ask him / his secretary/ mossad instead of speculating on the internet?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:55 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Why don't you ask him / his secretary/ mossad instead of speculating on the internet?

Im so sorry if youre annoyed by my question.

I figured one Imamother may be married to someone who has gone to him for years and Id get an answer anonymously quickly and easily.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:58 pm
Its not that I am annoyed - I just think it's not something that necessarily needs to be publicized on the internet of how much a specific rabbi charges and how often he gets paid .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:13 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Its not that I am annoyed - I just think it's not something that necessarily needs to be publicized on the internet of how much a specific rabbi charges and how often he gets paid .

I think you misunderstood. Im pretty sure R' Weiss is NOT stipulating a need for payment or any specific amount.

Im just wondering what those who go to him, choose to give him on their own.

malki2

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I think you misunderstood. Im pretty sure R' Weiss is NOT stipulating a need for payment or any specific amount.

Im just wondering what those who go to him, choose to give him on their own.

I actually saw an article that quoted R Weiss giving a list of pointers for attendees of daf Yomi shiurim, and one of the things he advised was to compensate the magid shiur. He didn’t mention any specific amount thought. I’m sure that a nice gift Chanukah and Pesach or Purim would be sufficient, according to your means and how much you value the shiur. As someone mentioned earlier, they give the shiur voluntarily and are happy to do it. They don’t expect weekly or even monthly payment.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries