Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Looking for ideas for 5, 6, and 8 -year-old to keep busy on

snowflake1

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:27 pm
My kids Need to be busy in order to stay out of trouble especially on Shabbos. It is difficult to keep it up constantly I was wondering if anyone had ideas for independent games/activitiesthat are fun I was looking into imagination magnets Is it worth the price all ideas welcome Kids stopped playing with magnatiles, lego, and clix

small bean

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:36 pm
First of all ideas for him to play with is Knox and little lego.

Together you can play checkers, chess, any board game my 8 yrs old likes perpetual commotion, but it is boring imo with 2 people. Joke books. Reading games.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:37 pm
I guess the 56 year old can read books to the 8 year old.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:59 pm
Craft kits

snowflake1

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:03 pm
It was supposed to say five-year-old six-year-old and eight-year-old the issue is that we can’t be constantly the entire Shabbos be playing games with the kids it is a lot to keep up unfortunately at this point they do not get along very often to play with each other without an adult there actively playing with them especially when they’re being cooped up in the winter

shanarishona

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:30 pm
Melissa and Doug products
Puzzles

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:31 am
When you learn to tolerate their bickering over who got the “toy first” they WILL keep each other busy Shabbos afternoon. Let them work out their differences alone.

If you provide them with clicks, legos and magnets they have more than enough to choose from. As I heard from a Shlucha, You are not the “entertainment director on a yacht.” Just like when you have free time you make a decision on how to spend it, given the resources and opportunities available to you. So to your children need to make their own decisions.

”Mommy I’m bored,” is not an invitation to tell them what to do. Just reflect back what they said and then high tail it out of there so they are left to their own devices.

Don’t get in their way, worrying about the mess. Let them express their creativity.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:35 am
Puzzles
Legos
Books
Outdoor activities

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:44 am
How nice for the 8 year old to bond with 56 year old grandma! Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics