Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Myself one day in Yerushalayim- ideas? What can I do?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 10:17 pm
For whatever reason [complicated] my husband and kids will be on their own for one of the days of my trip and I need to find something to do
Will you help me out?

trixx

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:03 pm
Walk along rchov yafo my favorite street in the world and take a leisurely stroll thru the shuk ❤️
Do you want museums? Food recommendations? Tours?

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:08 pm
What time of year?
What have you already planned with your DH and kids?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:28 pm
What do you enjoy? Where are you coming from?
You could spend the day in the Old City, first the Kosel Tunnel Tours, then a 3D virtual tour that takes about half an hour, then spend some time at the Kosel davening for everything you'd like, have a bite to eat, visit the Churvah (beautiful restored shul), go to Aish Hatorah's rooftop, Burnt House museum, Yishuv Court museum, Museum of Psalms (paintings).
That's a very full day, or you could combine any of the above with anything else you'd like to do in other parts of the city.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:28 pm
I'll be in Meron Tsfas Tverya with tour guide one day with rest of family
Another day I'll do Kosel Kever Rochel Har Hamenuchos
Another day I'll go meah shearim [geulah?] shopping and shop the mall at peninat chemed
We're going this week to arrange something for a family member, we won't be able to do any of the amusement type of trips [it's more of a serious somber type of reason - sorry being vague ]

Sorry about the confusion
Thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:36 pm
Are those museums in close proximity to each other?

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:59 pm
Yushuv Court Museum
Israel Museum
First Station
Machane Yehudah shuk tour

chanchy123

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are those museums in close proximity to each other?

Sort of, Israel Museum is close to the Bible Lands Museum and Sciense Museum. Yad Vashem is in another area and there are a few small museums in the Old City. If it's nice out you might want to hang out in the Old City. Drop into the small museums, see the ruins Cardo, kotel by yourself is much different than with the kids. Tons of places you can stop in to eat.
If it's cold and/or rainy I'd go to the Israel Museum, very interesting. Very close to there is Cinema City, which is basically a complex of various restaurants so I'd suggest that for lunch there is also a movie theater, if you're the type to watch movies maybe go to a movie solo, Little Women is playing there - I hear it's great.
Do you enjoy shopping? Maybe go to one of the malls (I don't know what Peninat Chemed is). They all have tons of food options. Mamila is more upscale and geared towards tourists. Hadar is where the locals shop. Malkha is the biggest mall. Ramot caters to more chareidi/American-chareidi clientele.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:30 am
Aish hatorah has classes all day- you can check the schedule online- and you can go to the kosel

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:10 am
First Station or the Cinematheque are fun for lunch (not sure what restaurants with what hecshers are there these days), and you can go beforehand to the Mt Zion Hotel. They have an interesting little exhibit that shows a cable car that was used during the War of Independence to get supplies and injured soldiers back and forth between Mt Zion and what is now Yemin Moshe.

https://www.gemsinisrael.com/t.....-car/

It's free and interesting.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:14 am
trixx wrote:
Walk along rchov yafo my favorite street in the world and take a leisurely stroll thru the shuk ❤️
Do you want museums? Food recommendations? Tours?

This one

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:15 am
I would do what Jade suggests
sounds fabulous!
enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:43 am
I truly appreciate all your input

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:46 am
Aish Essentials!!!! Heart Heart Heart Heart
Edit: sorry I see amother already posted it- consider this a second!! If you can hear R' Moshe Zeldman he's amaaaaazing

It's also fun from an anthropological point of view just because all types of people go- from understimulated American seminary and yeshiva students, to bt's, to older retired people so you get to hear a wiiide range of opinions

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:00 am
I was also going to post - join a free Aish Essentials class. They're great and you can just walk in.

Kotel tunnel tours

If you like history, we also really liked the Menachem Begin Museum which is near Gan Hapaamon.

librarygirl

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:02 am
Segway tour is fun
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics