Home

New! The Imamother Sarcasm Squad!
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:22 am
{Disclaimer:

Imamother is a very serious social forum where frum come to vent and has been a tremendous support system for many. This thread is by no means trying to disregard, dismiss, or mock somber threads. This is for, well, you'll know it when you feel it.}

OK.

Welcome to The Imamother Sarcasm Squad, founded exclusively for threads that play ring-around-the-posie in the adult version. When a thread about a mundane piece of basic clothing turns into an education fest, or when dressing up for pushing becomes a "thing", well, we step in to manage the situation.

You are welcome to join, no social security number necessary.
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
{Disclaimer:

Imamother is a very serious social forum where frum come to vent and has been a tremendous support system for many. This thread is by no means trying to disregard, dismiss, or mock somber threads. This is for, well, you'll know it when you feel it.}

OK.

Welcome to The Imamother Sarcasm Squad, founded exclusively for threads that play ring-around-the-posie in the adult version. When a thread about a mundane piece of basic clothing turns into an education fest, or when dressing up for pushing becomes a "thing", well, we step in to manage the situation.

You are welcome to join, no social security number necessary.


Dressing up for pushing? What are you talking about? Can't Believe It
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:54 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Dressing up for pushing? What are you talking about? Can't Believe It

Dressing up for pushing a baby carriage outside
Duh
You’re pushing the limits with your ignorance here
Back to top

groovy1224




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:03 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Dressing up for pushing? What are you talking about? Can't Believe It


I assume dressing up for pushing as in delivering a baby. Based on the shaitel while giving birth thread.
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:09 am
groovy1224 wrote:
I assume dressing up for pushing as in delivering a baby. Based on the shaitel while giving birth thread.

Yup!!!
And then apparently the mom gets a “push”present!
I’m owed seven it seems
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:38 pm
And isn’t “dressing to push” or “push present” one of the most nauseatingly tasteless expressions you’ve ever read on this site?
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:42 pm
Can I complain about every single thread with the title "Is this normal?"

If you have to ask, the answer is most likely "NO!"
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:43 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can I complain about every single thread with the title "Is this normal?"

If you have to ask, the answer is most likely "NO!"

Nah- the not normal among us would never think to ask!
Not that I would know anything about that of course!
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Yup!!!
And then apparently the mom gets a “push”present!
I’m owed seven it seems


And what are moms who had cesarean, gehockte leber? The gift is for the last five to twenty minutes and the previous nine months count for nothing?
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:57 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Can I complain about every single thread with the title "Is this normal?"

If you have to ask, the answer is most likely "NO!"


Not to mention the ones titled “should I be insulted?” If you have to ask, the answer is “no.”

Besides, of what value is knowing you’ve been insulted? Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise. Bless your li’l hearts.
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:02 pm
zaq wrote:
And what are moms who had cesarean, gehockte leber? The gift is for the last five to twenty minutes and the previous nine months count for nothing?

If you can think of a euphemism that can beat “push present” indeed you’ll prove you’re not a leber or geshtupte ganz
Back to top

turca




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:04 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I assume dressing up for pushing as in delivering a baby. Based on the shaitel while giving birth thread.

As I wrote on that thread: the medical team is either looking at you vagin@, or at your cut open belly, or at the monitors. If you want to impress the medical team, u could:
- do some type of coloring, waxing, piercing etc down there/ or around your belly ( but it’s probably not recommended or it ll be erased when the clean the area)
- decorate the monitors.
Back to top

amother




Saddlebrown
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:06 pm
zaq wrote:
Not to mention the ones titled “should I be insulted?” If you have to ask, the answer is “no.”

Besides, of what value is knowing you’ve been insulted? Where ignorance is bliss, ‘tis folly to be wise. Bless your li’l hearts.

Come to think of it- I’ve been meaning to ask-
Should I leave my husband?
(You helped me when I asked if I’m pregnant)
Back to top

MiriFr




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:28 pm
zaq wrote:
And what are moms who had cesarean, gehockte leber? The gift is for the last five to twenty minutes and the previous nine months count for nothing?


They get a removal present.

And then they celebrate the baby's "removal day" every year after that.
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:41 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
If you can think of a euphemism that can beat “push present” indeed you’ll prove you’re not a leber or geshtupte ganz


How about deliverance gift? Not delivery gift. You’re not FedEx or UPS.
Back to top

CatLady




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:43 pm
Deliverance gift? Do we have to have duelling banjos?
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:44 pm
And why does an adult woman need to ask “When To Shower”? Is life that complicated?
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:46 pm
zaq wrote:
How about deliverance gift? Not delivery gift. You’re not FedEx or UPS.


According to Wikipedia,

Quote:
The popularity of push presents has been attributed in part to media coverage of celebrities receiving them. Examples include a 10 carat diamond ring given to celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe by her husband Rodger after the 2011 birth of their son, a Bentley given to reality TV star Peggy Tanous of The Real Housewives of Orange County by her husband Micah after the 2007 birth of their daughter, and a diamond and sapphire necklace given to singer Mariah Carey by her husband Nick Cannon after the 2011 birth of their twins.


So we clearly need to standardize the Reproduction Receipts, much as has been done for engagement presents.

Ideas?
Back to top

amother




Cobalt
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:47 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
If you can think of a euphemism that can beat “push present” indeed you’ll prove you’re not a leber or geshtupte ganz


Makeup s@x
Back to top

amother




Beige
 

Post  Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Makeup s@x

Looking for a makeup zex artist in Brooklyn ...
Back to top
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 6 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette

Related Topics Replies Last Post
The Official Imamother Telephone Game! 1077 Wed, May 20 2020, 9:52 pm View last post
Second wave & Imamother logic
by amother
35 Mon, May 18 2020, 12:34 pm View last post
Share some new AND EASY recipes-No imamother repeats, pls
by Cheiny
3 Wed, May 06 2020, 3:43 pm View last post
While I was on Imamother, my imaginary clone... 13 Wed, Apr 29 2020, 10:33 pm View last post
Did you realize that almost every thread on imamother
by amother
16 Mon, Apr 13 2020, 1:49 pm View last post

Jump to: