Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Full Time Childcare

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:11 am
The biggest hindrance to me performing at 100% is lack of adequate childcare. Where I live there is only 1 licensed day care. However the school my older children are in do not have early care or after school care. It is so frustrating to not have any family support and to rely on babysitters/nannies. I hate leaving my children with people that are not trustworthy.
What solutions have you found for childcare when your children range in age from babies to in elementary school and you work full time without summers off?

amother
White

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:06 pm
I have not found a solution other than a nanny. Finding a reliable one is hard but essential to me.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:22 pm
For the school-age kids, we use babysitters to pick them up from school and watch them until we get home from work. Sometimes a babysitter will also drive our children to sports and stay at their practice.

Our babysitters have always been reliable, but we have only ever hired ones that we already knew in some other way: a relative, one of our kids' assistant teachers, our kids' longtime sports instructor, and a local public school teacher who I had opportunity to observe through her side gig as a babysitter in a group setting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics