Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The controversial thread
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:17 am
Feel free to add you own controversy or to judge me!

My neice got married last thurs night. It was a 4 hour drive to her wedding. Being that it was in a town where we dont have connections we were getting put up by someone to stay thru shabbos. I had my 5 year old and 3 year old with me at the wedding. I didnt know if there was going to be a place for them to sleep (or if id be able to check in on them during the wedding etc) so before the drive I gave them each 500 micrograms (.5 mg) of melotonin (the doc okay-ed it before hand)
They both slept in the car bh and were in a great mood the whole wedding. They danced and had a fabulous time. At around midnight when the wedding was winding down we drove to our hosts and they both went to bed beautifully and woke up just a bit later than they usually do.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:25 am
One of my kids refused to go to yeshiva this year. No matter how many options we gave him, he wasn’t going to hear of it. He wanted to do his own thing. I am not proud of what he’s doing . But I didn’t force him to go to yeshiva and I don’t criticize him for his negative choices. He will have to live and learn on his own. It doesn’t give me nachas. But child rearing is meant so that we can turn our children into healthy individuals who will eventually become independent. Our job is to prepare them for that. The goal is not for how WE feel in the process. It’s not about MY nachas. It’s about each individual child’s needs and desires. So I’ve learned to let go and let Hashem lead and it’s ok for my son to choose a path unique to his own and not something I would have chosen. I don’t believe in forcing anything. It just back fires. (Now throw those tomatoes)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didnt know if there was going to be a place for them to sleep (or if id be able to check in on them during the wedding etc) so before the drive I gave them each 500 micrograms (.5 mg) of melotonin (the doc okay-ed it before hand)

You really think that just because he's a doctor, he knows about every type of drug and supplement? You think if the doctor gives you his "okay", it means that it's really fine to use artificial hormones to regulate your children's sleep, with no actual medical reason? Just to go to a wedding? If so, you're absolutely right.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:30 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
You really think that just because he's a doctor, he knows about every type of drug and supplement? You think if the doctor gives you his "okay", it means that it's really fine to use artificial hormones to regulate your children's sleep, with no actual medical reason? Just to go to a wedding? If so, you're absolutely right.

Wow that got controversial real fast lol. Must be some kind of record!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:37 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Wow that got controversial real fast lol. Must be some kind of record!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:38 am
My sensory son sleeps in his undies (on a good night) in a body sock on the floor. He loves to wear a baseball cap instead of his kippa. He’s learning a mean karate kick and he only stands when he eats. Some posters would call him “abusive”. I call him awesome.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:45 am
My baby refuses to sleep in the crib. He cries and cries non stop. He sleeps through the night in the carseat. Mom and doctor are OK with it.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:56 am
I hate all my pets (2 cats, 1 dog, 2 chickens) ever since I got pregnant, but I'm keeping them because they didn't do anything which deserves punishment. They just act like animals, make messes, shed hairs, and stink, and I feel like their presence is making my life worse, not better. I'm just going to wait the 15 years until they all pass on.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
My baby refuses to sleep in the crib. He cries and cries non stop. He sleeps through the night in the carseat. Mom and doctor are OK with it.

Hope its a doona LOL

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I hate all my pets (2 cats, 1 dog, 2 chickens) ever since I got pregnant, but I'm keeping them because they didn't do anything which deserves punishment. They just act like animals, make messes, shed hairs, and stink, and I feel like their presence is making my life worse, not better. I'm just going to wait the 15 years until they all pass on.

Relational trauma. Borderline abuse. Harlowes monkey. Go give your dog a kiss from me.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hope its a doona LOL

Oy, a pity it's not, would've been so much better!! Wink

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:01 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:

I give my kids a melowchew whenever we go away or whenever we have a simcha and I want them to nap. Hope you're not plotzing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:04 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I give my kids a melowchew whenever we go away or whenever we have a simcha and I want them to nap. Hope you're not plotzing.

Love it!! Smile

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:39 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

My opinion of that depends on a combination of factors. How old are your kids? How long are the naps? Did you ask your own doctor? How did you determine the proper dosage? When you say you give your kids a mel-o-chew, do you mean that you give them each one, or that you divide one among all of them? Are you referring to human children, or to baby goats? (If the latter, consulting with a GP or pediatrician isn't good enough to determine whether or not it will be safe or effective for their species.)

Zehava

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:46 pm
I put my newborns to sleep on their stomachs. So far bh they all survived infancy.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:50 pm
I once babysat for my neighbor for a couple of hours and she paid me $50. I didn't report it on my taxes.

You can come for me now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:53 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
I once babysat for my neighbor for a couple of hours and she paid me $50. I didn't report it on my taxes.

You can come for me now.

I'm not worried about the US gov. They have enough money to supply all of NY/NJ with with social services (besides for me, because I am ONE DOLLAR above what they think is the poverty line.
But I am VERY concerned about your neighbor. Can't believe you took the money. Don't you know you don't charge neighbors for babysitting?
With neighbors like you, who needs babysitters?

essie14

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:59 pm
When my 2 year old wants to stay inside on a gorgeous Shabbat afternoon, I tell her she can have a "park lollypop". Sugar never hurt anyone.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Feel free to add you own controversy or to judge me!

My neice got married last thurs night. It was a 4 hour drive to her wedding. Being that it was in a town where we dont have connections we were getting put up by someone to stay thru shabbos. I had my 5 year old and 3 year old with me at the wedding. I didnt know if there was going to be a place for them to sleep (or if id be able to check in on them during the wedding etc) so before the drive I gave them each 500 micrograms (.5 mg) of melotonin (the doc okay-ed it before hand)
They both slept in the car bh and were in a great mood the whole wedding. They danced and had a fabulous time. At around midnight when the wedding was winding down we drove to our hosts and they both went to bed beautifully and woke up just a bit later than they usually do.

Ooh that’s great, now you can knock them out whenever you don’t feel like dealing with them Smile

penguin

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:58 pm
Quote:
I don't know why you don't give your kids a choice - take over care of pets or we advertise them as free to a good home.

Unless this pregnancy is your first, in which case what is stopping you from finding them good homes?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics