Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
S/o s/o venting thread...cuz we all love s/o
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:58 pm
Someone in that thread mentioned how shortcuts to make our lives manageable.

What are some shortcuts you use that you would like to share to help other imas?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:12 pm
When I make dinner I double and freeze

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:03 pm
I dress my baby the night before for the next day. No need to dirty pajamas and no need to dress the child in the morning.
My baby doesn't sweat in her sleep and she wakes up with her clothes beautiful and fresh.

Now I'm just waiting for a s/o of this telling me how crazy I am...

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:08 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I dress my baby the night before for the next day. No need to dirty pajamas and no need to dress the child in the morning.
My baby doesn't sweat in her sleep and she wakes up with her clothes beautiful and fresh.

My mom did this with my little brothers up until around 3rd grade.

lilies

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:08 pm

I've heard of this and want to understand what you gain?
Clothing worn for 12+ hours aren't fresh.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:12 pm
Unless your kid sleeps in leggings and a comfy tee, wearing clothing to sleep is so uncomfortable:( maybe look into other shortcuts instead...

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:16 pm
Thanks imas! Was waiting for the tomatoes!
Her clothes are pretty comfy and easy. Cotton leggings and tees / pullover sweaters. I don't leave her socks on.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:18 pm
If they are soft, cotton tees and leggings then I wouldn’t be as concerned regarding comfort. Pullovers can be sweaty though...good luck:)

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:30 pm
I have a question (I'm trying to fig out if I'm the only dysfunctional ima lol):
Do your kids all wake up soaking wet and sweaty?
Do they put on a new pair of pjs every night because the one from the night before is dirty?
When I grew up we folded our pjs under our pillow and used it again the next night. We didn't have a new pair every day.

If the pjs aren't getting sweaty and gross then why would clothing?

bsy

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:32 pm
I would dress my kids the night before, but they fill their diapers a lot so the clothes probably wouldn't smell okay. From a comfort perspective, obviously cotton stretchies or leggings and t shirts.....

bsy

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:33 pm
I have a question (I'm trying to fig out if I'm the only dysfunctional ima lol):
Do your kids all wake up soaking wet and sweaty?
Do they put on a new pair of pjs every night because the one from the night before is dirty?
When I grew up we folded our pjs under our pillow and used it again the next night. We didn't have a new pair every day.

If the pjs aren't getting sweaty and gross then why would clothing?

My kids are in diapers so pjs are changed every day. Once my daughter stays dry at night I would have her go 2 or 3 nights with the same pjs

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:39 pm
oh, so it's a diaper issue. Ok.
Dunno, I just change the diaper and the clothes are clean and don't have a smell.

I'm loving this thread btw!

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:56 pm

I guess the zero likes says it all 😃

Metukah

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:08 pm
Keep it coming.

I've been known to make my life more difficult and its about time I make the switch.

Any shortcut tips?

But none that come at the expense of cleanliness or compromise the taste of food.

SuperWify your idea is great, I already do that sometimes, but I guess not often enough.

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:11 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Unless your kid sleeps in leggings and a comfy tee, wearing clothing to sleep is so uncomfortable:( maybe look into other shortcuts instead...

It's a baby, though. All baby clothing is comfortable. Or should be.

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:12 pm
Metukah wrote:
Any shortcut tips?

Sure, tons!

Quote:
But none that come at the expense of cleanliness or compromise the taste of food.

... never mind Sad.

keym

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:18 pm
When I take laundry out of the dryer, I immediately sort into baskets by person and stack on my bed.
If I have time to fold, great, but otherwise my family doesn't have to paw through a huge pile of clothes to get their PJs or socks.

Metukah

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:19 pm
ora_43 wrote:
... never mind Sad.

See, I said I like to make my life difficult.

I'm a lost case.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:21 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I guess the zero likes says it all 😃

Laugh I was waiting for the hugs. Or maybe the poster who will #godbless my child.

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:21 pm
I don't match socks. All socks go unmatched into the sock bin. (For younger kids, I will separate their socks into an individual pile.) I figure that matching socks helps with pattern recognition and coordination and such. Twisted Evil Plus, it actually reduces the number of times I hear "I can't find socks." There's a bin full of socks, it's hard to miss.

Having fewer dishes = having fewer dishes that can all be dirty at once.

Dots on clothing, since I can't remember what belongs to who otherwise (one dot for oldest, two for second-oldest, etc - helps because things trade hands all the time).

Aside from a garbage bin and recycling bins (and of course the sock bin), there's also a "get rid of it" bin for whenever I find a toy the kids don't play with anymore or a shirt that's too small on the youngest or an art project I want to snap a picture of and then throw away. When the bin gets full I deal with all the stuff (OK, when the bin is overflowing onto my bedroom floor I deal with most of the stuff).

Any spice can be substituted in a recipe for any other spice of more or less the same color. Fight me Twisted Evil .

I try to have a bag of pitas, a cake, a bag of green beans, and chicken shnitzel in the freezer. That way it's always theoretically possible to make Shabbat in 10-20 minutes if absolutely necessary.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics