Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Yes lacetop wig or no?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:26 pm
Now before im purchasing a new wig im debating with or without a lace top ???
Can u jelp me decide???

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 3:33 pm
After a lot of co consideration I just bought a non lace top wig.

It was more important for me to have an easier to maintain wig, than look like I’m not wearing one.

A bad looking lace top (or lace front!) looks worse than a regular non lace wig.

You have to know yourself, are you going to spend the time with a tweezer and makeup fixing the part so it looks good every wear? Make sure you don’t just toss it on a bed when take it off? Give it to only specific people to wash and set?

Frumme

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:33 pm
They look nice but are SO high maintenance. I'm talking you're probably going to have to replace the delicate lace at some point (tears or stretches over time) and add more hair to the hairline every few months. It all adds up.

The wig companies are really pushing it because they're pricier and will keep you going back to them. One famous company even referred to non-lace tops as "curtains," a move I can only assume is meant to make women feel guilty about their normal wigs looking too "wiggy."

If you're interested in a natural hairline, there's always bangs or a wigline band (like the Illusion Band by Chevi or the one by Milano).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:39 pm
Frumme wrote:
They look nice but are SO high maintenance. I'm talking you're probably going to have to replace the delicate lace at some point (tears or stretches over time) and add more hair to the hairline every few months. It all adds up.

The wig companies are really pushing it because they're pricier and will keep you going back to them. One famous company even referred to non-lace tops as "curtains," a move I can only assume is meant to make women feel guilty about their normal wigs looking too "wiggy."

If you're interested in a natural hairline, there's always bangs or a wigline band (like the Illusion Band by Chevi or the one by Milano).

Never heard of the wigline band . Its so hard with new wigs . Im always soo undecided before I purchase. Like even lengthwise. Should I do short should I do long ?! Im having a tough time when buying wigs that I love when im not due for 1 , but now I desperately need . Im looking into irene and miri. anyone knows of the 2 and which one you would rather go for ?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:41 pm
I don’t love it. The part seems to far apart. I know everyone says it’s so natural but for the few I saw that were so natural the others were obviously lace top.

Typically instagram pictures are edited to look amazing. But I recently saw a hair dresser show casing an updo. And yes the hair did look like it was growing out of her head - but in a lace top type of way. I’d link the picture but I don’t think it’s nice to the hair dresser or client. I’d assume the picture was edited but it still was so “lace toppy” looking.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:56 pm
No.
Big letdown.
Get a deep lace front instead. Or even just a regular lace front. They make wigs very flat these days anyway.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:40 pm
No. Looks crazy IMO (and I’m the type that loves fashion but this one I can’t stomach...). It’s just too flat for my liking.

Plus it’s a fortune, hard to upkeep, and doesn’t last long.

Get a flatter wig with baby hairs or a regular lace. So much more natural.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Never heard of the wigline band . Its so hard with new wigs . Im always soo undecided before I purchase. Like even lengthwise. Should I do short should I do long ?! Im having a tough time when buying wigs that I love when im not due for 1 , but now I desperately need . Im looking into irene and miri. anyone knows of the 2 and which one you would rather go for ?

I can’t image you would find one person who would tell you to get an Irene over a Miri, Miri is a different league.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics