Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Need ideas for long wig and travelling

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:19 pm
I'm going on vacation soon and I'm bringing my long wig with me. What is the best way to hang up my wig every night so it looks good the next day? I don't know if I'll be able to bring along my tall sheitel head. I have a collapsible wig head but it's very flimsy and I'm not happy with it at all. What do most people do when they go on vacation? We're limited with luggage and carry-on items.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:28 pm
I roll mine up and put it in a ziplock. Mine is long and wavy, not very curly or stick straight, it actually kind of reinforces the waves.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:29 pm
duplicate

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:41 pm
I get that you want to look glamorous but don’t you think it would be more sensible to bring a short wig? You’re on vacay. Can’t you take a few days off from playing glamour queen and just look like the mom next door once in a while? I would leave the wig home and wear a hat or a headscarf, tbh, but if your rebbe says it has to be a wig, I’ll bet he’s not even in favor of long ones and tolerates them only because all his constituents already wear long ones in defiance of all common sense.

avrahamama

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:44 pm
I don't wear wigs but maybe you can clip it in a hanger in the closet. Like a trousers hanger...

ila

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:47 pm
Get a big bottle fill it with water and put a toilet paper on top put the wig on top

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:53 pm
ila wrote:
Get a big bottle fill it with water and put a toilet paper on top put the wig on top

Great idea....thanks!

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:25 pm
Yep- I use a soda bottle. On the last day, we drink it.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:29 pm
Hang it over the corner of tv or lamp in hotel room or over a soda bootle

asmileaday

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:15 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I get that you want to look glamorous but don’t you think it would be more sensible to bring a short wig? You’re on vacay. Can’t you take a few days off from playing glamour queen and just look like the mom next door once in a while? I would leave the wig home and wear a hat or a headscarf, tbh, but if your rebbe says it has to be a wig, I’ll bet he’s not even in favor of long ones and tolerates them only because all his constituents already wear long ones in defiance of all common sense.

Nasty. And as amother too. Shame on you.

Op, have you tried this? It looks pretty sturdy.
Adjustable Collapsible Expandable Travel Wig Head - Expands from 5 1/2" to 17" https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D.....RGNH9

studying_torah

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:36 pm
No not on the lamp- too easy to turn it on by mistake & burn the wig!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels