Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Cheek fillers...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:34 pm
Did it hurt and how much bruising was there?

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:38 pm
Don’t do it. They give such a plastic looking face.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:53 am
If done correctly it can make an enormous difference to an aging face
As we age we lose volume in the cheek area and replenishing that volume can make the entire face look younger.
Often no bruising at all, pain minimal as the filler contains a local anaesthetic.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:51 am
OP, I will confess: I went to the immediate reaction thread and said, the chipmunk look is in? Apologies.
I have no idea what this is about. But I assume there are likely only two reasons people go for this: Aging, or looks irrespective of aging. It sounds like it's something not to jump into. I'm sorry for whatever unhappiness your situation is causing you and hope you come to a clear decision, and if you do go for it, it not be too expensive, and it should leave you glad you did it.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:02 am
I've seen numerous people with it, and it's always obvious and odd looking.

You'd be better off getting some Botox for between the eyebrows, and Restelyn to fill in the lines between your nose and mouth. That's what I would do if I had the money. (I'm 54)

Combine that with a really good facial/peel, and you could easily look 10 years younger and much fresher. The results aren't as permanent, but if you need to adjust them it's much easier than implants.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:35 am
The few people that I've seen that did it do not look good. They look fake and unnatural.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:37 am
I’m actually pretty young. I’m doing it for the lines between my nose and mouth. It would be just a tiny bit. My family ages terribly and I want to get ahead of the game.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:41 am
I’ll confess I had to look up what cheek fillers are (oy what an education I’m getting from I’m another...) and this is what came up from a NY Post article from this past March:

“All over New York, people are deflating facial areas they had artificially plumped up. Doctors who previously wanted to correct every crease or depression are taking a more conservative approach, often reversing the work done before them.”

Embrace yourself as you are. I can’t imagine anyone becoming a happier person because of cheek fillers. Best of luck to you. ❤️

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m actually pretty young. I’m doing it for the lines between my nose and mouth. It would be just a tiny bit. My family ages terribly and I want to get ahead of the game.

You cannot be ahead of the game, you'll just end up looking worse when you do start aging. If you do these things when it's not really necessary, many times you end up looking so bad.
Rather invest now in good skin care products and be very religious in using them.

greatgirl

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:20 am
Filler is not comfortable. Some spots hurt more than others. Bruising is different every time. Sometimes more bruising sometimes less.
(Coming from someone who does it🙂)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics