Home

Nice manhattan restaurant

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:27 pm
where to eat that's nice with ambiance, good food but not ridiculously expensive?
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post  Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:35 pm
Eighteen is fantastic
Talia's is another great choice
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post  Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
where to eat that's nice with ambiance, good food but not ridiculously expensive?


AIUI, Reserve Cut has a $26 weekday lunch for Restaurant Week. If you can do that, I highly recommend it.

In NYC, you pay for ambiance. And I don't know what "ridiculously expensive" is to you. But I'd say look at Talia's (with the Groupon), Le Marais ONLY if you go early (too noisy and crowded later), Arba, Sunflower (not at all fancy, but at least not people on top of each other).
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 10:07 pm
Ended up in La Marais. Did go late and it was noisy but very enjoyable and great food.
Back to top

doctorima




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:00 pm
For future reference, when we want nice ambiance and good food but without spending a fortune, we head to Abigael's and leave satisfied every time.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:05 pm
doctorima wrote:
For future reference, when we want nice ambiance and good food but without spending a fortune, we head to Abigael's and leave satisfied every time.

I had been there once two years ago. It does have nice ambiance but we weren't too happy with the food.

ETA: La Marais wasn't very budget-friendly either, let's not kid ourselves. But a steak was 40-50 instead of 80-90
Back to top

amother




Blue
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had been there once two years ago. It does have nice ambiance but we weren't too happy with the food.

ETA: La Marais wasn't very budget-friendly either, let's not kid ourselves. But a steak was 40-50 instead of 80-90


Le Marais always has lower priced options on the menu. My husband gets the steak frites salad for $25 and I get the roast chicken for about the same. Many high end restaurants done have options at those price points
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Le Marais always has lower priced options on the menu. My husband gets the steak frites salad for $25 and I get the roast chicken for about the same. Many high end restaurants done have options at those price points

We wanted meat.
In any case, their cocktails are mean!
Back to top

sarahmalka




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ended up in La Marais. Did go late and it was noisy but very enjoyable and great food.

I'm so glad you went there, I love that place! Was going to post it here as a recommendation.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Vacation and Traveling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Nice inexpensive basin for washing hands at seder
by amother
4 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:56 pm View last post
Table protectant to put under my nice tablecloth
by amother
5 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 3:46 pm View last post
Restaurant for takeout: reasonable Flatbush
by amother
0 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 5:47 am View last post
Nice paper goods online
by amother
2 Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:07 pm View last post
ISO Private Teacher/Manhattan Beach
by amother
14 Sun, Mar 08 2020, 6:32 pm View last post

Jump to: