Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What is the difference between a lace front wig vs a regular

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 6:35 pm
???

aycg

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 5:37 am
A regular wig just has a basic cap all around. A lace front can either be added or it comes ready w the wig. The hair comes out of a piece of lace to make it look natural

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:13 am
I am in the market for a new sheitel so the woman I went to was just explaining it to me. It also has to do with how the hair is sewn into the cap. On a lace front wig, the hair is sewn in from the side, so it's less likely to be falling into your face and whatnot. Honestly, I wasn't following along so well.... but one part that I did understand is that the lace top/lace front will will need to be repaired sooner than a standard multi directional.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:18 am
ruchelbuckle wrote:
I am in the market for a new sheitel so the woman I went to was just explaining it to me. It also has to do with how the hair is sewn into the cap. On a lace front wig, the hair is sewn in from the side, so it's less likely to be falling into your face and whatnot. Honestly, I wasn't following along so well.... but one part that I did understand is that the lace top/lace front will will need to be repaired sooner than a standard multi directional.

My friend purchased it and is resenting. it needs lots of maintenance. Just saying that keep your eyes open before your buying .

elisheva25

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
My friend purchased it and is resenting. it needs lots of maintenance. Just saying that keep your eyes open before your buying .

What kind of maintance ?

nechami1

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:30 pm
I was asking my wig lady about these, she also said they look amazing but if you are gonna wear your wig all day every day, they need more maintaining than a regular wig, eg washing more often...the lace area stretches after a time, they dont tend to look as good after wearing for a while.
Because they are more delicate I suppose...

mamma llama

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:35 pm

Obviously, speak to your own Rav, but I just thought I'd bring this up so people can be aware.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:38 pm
mamma llama wrote:

Obviously, speak to your own Rav, but I just thought I'd bring this up so people can be aware.

This is referring to a lace top. A lace front looks natrual but still like a shaitel
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels