Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Need recommendations for a good jewelry box

West End Tova

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:21 am
Wondering what imas use to keep jewelry in. The box I have (from Century 21 a long time ago) is pretty, but things slide around and get mixed up, especially earrings. Any suggestions appreciated.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:35 am
I'm dating myself, but I still use the caboodles I received as bas mitzvah presents. I think they're making a comeback though because I've seen them in stores lately.

missmuffetsmum

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:48 am
I bought this a few months ago from Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....jzQwi

Casegrace New Jewelry Box Large Capacity Leather Storage Jewelry Box Earring Ring Necklace with Mirror Watch Jewelry Organizer

Not sure how to insert a picture. I love that the sides open up to hooks for hanging necklaces!

momaleh

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 4:21 am
And I bought this one, in Tiffany blue, and I love it:

https://www.aliexpress.com/ite.....5e83d

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 6:29 am
Wayfair.com

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 6:54 am
An upright container I got from Home Depot. Used for nails, etc.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:50 am
There are a lot of options depending on your needs.

Most good quality organizers - even those which are relatively inexpensive are lined with black velvet type of fabric. These protects the jewelry inside from banging and rattling around.

I have a jewelry armoire which is a small chest. It also functions for small accessory items. They come in many styles. I had one originally that was styled in wood like a vintage chest but recently got one that is a bit Chinoiserie. You can google for "jewelry armoire" to see various options. Mine has sides that open out with hooks for necklaces and the drawers inside have various sized compartments.

I also have one of those old fashioned kind that was my mothers's - it's like a very small chest with doors that open with tiny drawers behind them. It sits on my bureau.

There are also other great and ingenious ways to organize jewelry.

There are inexpensive hanging things with various sized pockets. These are great because you hang in your closet and you can see the jewelry and access very easily.

There are storage items which look like a mirror and open - kind of like a very large mirrored medicine cabinet. These are good if you also can use a mirror someplace

There are also jewelry units where the components fit together. These can either go in a bureau drawer or sit on top of something in your bedroom. The Container Store has some but if you check amazon for jewelry organizers, a lot of other systems come up

Or just check amazon and search jewelry organizers - the choice is very overwhelming.

https://www.containerstore.com.....ge/12
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics