Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What actually is the difference between PANDAS and ASD?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Yes. They are all connected and show inflammation in the brain. Depending where the inflammation is, that is where symptoms will manifest themselves.
Calming down inflammation and immune response to infection can really help with all those symptoms.

How do you calm down inflammation And immune response? Any suggestions??

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:13 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
How do you calm down inflammation And immune response? Any suggestions??
You treat the underlying infection. Then you can use ivig, ibuprophen, steroids, turmeric, ldn or targeted herbals to take down neuroinflammation and modulate the immune response.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:16 pm
[quote="amother [ Bisque ]"]Very often (as in my kids case) it does.
DC always had some asd traits. Especailly erratic sensory needs - sometimes sensory seeking somtimes avoident all in the same 60 seconds.... tics (or what you might call autistic repetative behaviours), OCD, ADD & ODD, Depression.

DC is finally being treated for pandas, its crazy how different my child is.
All of the above are going. The tics are still here but getting less with time. There are better days and worse days (like the days that DC cheats on the diet, or a friend sitting behind DC in school is sick.... or the baby is sick..... the flares.)

How are you healing your child? My son was just diagnosed with pandas. Im not sure where to go from here. He has been exhibiting asd traits for a while now.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
You treat the underlying infection. Then you can use ivig, ibuprophen, steroids, turmeric, ldn or targeted herbals to take down neuroinflammation and modulate the immune response.

The infection is pandas. How can I test for neuroinflammation?? I’m new to this.. Who guided you along the way?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:23 pm
How can you determine if the child’s behaviors stem from pandas or asd?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:31 pm
How can you determine if the child’s behaviors stem from pandas or asd?
Asd is not a cause. Its a description of constellation of behaviors that are seen together. Asd behaviors can be caused by pandas, or by a whole host of other causes.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:33 pm
nchr wrote:
This is caused by a bacterial infection....

So is pans/pandas. Some believe that enough evidence shows that asd is a form of pans/pandas. From early infanthood or from still the mothers womb - and then its harwired so it's harder to treat and cure.

Add, odd, ocd, all these are based on symptoms. They are synptoms of a brain malfunction. Is it a hormone imbalance? Inflamation in the brain? Or somthing else?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Asd is not a cause. Its a description of constellation of behaviors that are seen together. Asd behaviors can be caused by pandas, or by a whole host of other causes.

How do I get to the root of what is causing my child’s asd behaviors??

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:38 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
So is pans/pandas. Some believe that enough evidence shows that asd is a form of pans/pandas. From early infanthood or from still the mothers womb - and then its harwired so it's harder to treat and cure.

Add, odd, ocd, all these are based on symptoms. They are synptoms of a brain malfunction. Is it a hormone imbalance? Inflamation in the brain? Or somthing else?

Can you direct to sources that say this? I'd be curious to read them. What is so confusing about what you are saying is that strep complications (such as PANDAS) should be lower in the western world; however, what you're suggesting is the opposite so it conflicts with accepted science. That's why I'd want to read some studies on it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:49 pm
nchr wrote:
Can you direct to sources that say this? I'd be curious to read them. What is so confusing about what you are saying is that strep complications (such as PANDAS) should be lower in the western world; however, what you're suggesting is the opposite so it conflicts with accepted science. That's why I'd want to read some studies on it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....7322/

https://www.oatext.com/strepto.....s.php

https://www.nature.com/article.....214-7

https://www.jimmunol.org/conte.....66.63

its not strep specific. lots of infections can trigger a post infectious autoimmune encephalopathy, which is essentially what pandas is. Really any kind of immune activation. And the link between maternal immune activation and autism is already pretty well established.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 8:54 pm
Look up dr. Frye on YouTube. He has very informative lectures on how inflammation can cause autism and the studies involved.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:05 pm
https://www.the-scientist.com/.....9xkD4

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:18 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
https://www.the-scientist.com/notebook/excess-of-immune-cells-found-in-brains-of-people-with-autism-66917?fbclid=IwAR3KqOEfpanUv6owsjC4O3e_yeH0Mtn5jbXJVRM-2YcxUW2pjpKzCb9xkD4
This is the link to the actual academic article https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31591744

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:33 pm
How do I get to the root of what is causing my child’s asd behaviors??
Does your child currently have any diagnosis?

Ideally you would work with a good practitioner. A functional or MAPS pediatrician trained in the biomedical treatment of autism.

You can also read books and articles. I linked a bunch on the first page of this thread.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 9:41 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Diet change, vitamins and homeopathic remedies. Life isnt perfect. But hopefully there is an end in sight.

My relative was cured that same way 10+ years ago from a severe form of Sydenham’s chorea. It was progressively getting worse even with treatment, it got so bad that my relative couldn't walk and couldnt manage to speak coherently or express his/her thoughts. At that point all the neurologists had to offer were lifelong strong sedatives, which turned the child into a complete zombie.... unless you live thru these things you cannot understand.
My child has pandas with mild chorea. I'm curious to hear more about the diet vitamins and homeopathy your relative did.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:34 pm
Socially inappropriate behaviors and not being able to relate to typical kids,, temper, obsessing over specific topics...all this can be treated???

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:42 pm
With therapy and social skills lessons.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
With therapy and social skills lessons.

Symptoms totally go away?
Im nervous for my son's future

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 10:51 pm
No, there is no "cure" but if you start with lots of intervention there is lots that can be done. These aren't symptoms, it's not a disease, btw. These are traits that fall along a spectrum. Hence the term for asd=autism spectrum disorder.
Just had an IEP meeting for a student recently who is on the autism spectrum. His mom said, doctors who diagnosed him originally said he'd never learn to talk or read etc.
True, he's still quirky and has other typical spectrum behaviors, that is just who he is. But he is doing quite well in a mainstream school, and has really blossomed.
Has your son been officially diagnosed?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Socially inappropriate behaviors and not being able to relate to typical kids,, temper, obsessing over specific topics...all this can be treated???

My dc had ODD type rages, OCD-like behaviors, general anxiety, social anxiety, separation anxiety, behavioral issues in school, inattentiveness, alternated between sensory-seeking and sensory avoidant.

BH BH BH we are seeing huge improvements right now with diet changes, craniosacral therapy, homeopathy, and herbal treatment. From the above list, the only things we are still seeing are separation anxiety and some inattentiveness.

So yes, I would say that there is treatment out there for your child. I'm sorry that amother amethyst is ruining it for others who are here to learn. Please disregard. If your motherly intuition is telling you that there is hope for your child, don't ignore it. Hashem gave this child to YOU to care for and He gave you the instinctive knowledge to know what your child needs. Go after your heart.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics