Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra and shapewear for under a gown
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 11:51 pm
I've nursed BH 6 kids in the past ten years. My current favorite bra works for day to day, but what's a really good supportive shaped (padded?) Bra to wear with a gown? I feel like I look droopy.

Also, shape wear. It seems like a one piece is best to prevent rolling but will I have to essentially get naked to use the bathroom?!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 11:55 pm
Shape wear tank tops with the cutouts so you can wear your own bra. Pair with shapewear shorts underwear and control top hosiery. I would not suggest the one piece type.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:26 am
I have a one piece that hook and eyes by the underwear part so you can go to the bathroom. Also a cutout so you can wear your own bra. Makes me looks 10 lbs lighter! Best investment, from Tafi lingerie in lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:36 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
I have a one piece that hook and eyes by the underwear part so you can go to the bathroom. Also a cutout so you can wear your own bra. Makes me looks 10 lbs lighter! Best investment, from Tafi lingerie in lakewood

Exactly what I need! I'm not in Lakewood tho. What brand is it?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:59 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Brilliant. I almost never wear mine because it’s such a pain to get undressed every time I need the restroom.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:00 am
For bras, I love Soma! I have an amazing push up bra from there.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:51 am
Where are you located? There is a woman on the Lower East Side who is an amazing fitter. She works out of a quaint little store and people come from all over to be fitted by her because she is so, so on target.

heidi

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:59 am
I had a one piece for my child's wedding. Those hooks and eyes are impossible to do on your own and my husband wasn't coming into the women's bathroom to do it for me. Ended up getting totally naked once and then just not using the same for the rest of the wedding.
Never again 😭

whewpy

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:28 am
Whats the name of the place in east side?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:11 am
whewpy wrote:
Whats the name of the place in east side?

following!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:57 am
I think it's Orchard Corset Center and you have to ask for Miriam. I am going to double-check on my GPS to make sure. I see someone posted about her on one of the other threads as well.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:39 am
Thanks for the answers! I'm not near the lower East side, but will possibly be travelling to boro park next week. Any further suggestions, online or in store?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the answers! I'm not near the lower East side, but will possibly be travelling to boro park next week. Any further suggestions, online or in store?

In my experience, it pays to travel from bp to the lady on the east side.

I suggest to take along your gown. She makes you look not only skinnier but a perfect beautiful shaped best "you".

I married off a few children. Went to her only by the last one and regret that I didn't know about her before.

2cents

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:46 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Where are you located? There is a woman on the Lower East Side who is an amazing fitter. She works out of a quaint little store and people come from all over to be fitted by her because she is so, so on target.

Bump!

Does anyone know of a good place like this to go to in Flatbush or boro park?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:49 am
Myself lingerie 13/52

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:50 am
This is the bra recommended for me for under a gown.

Bali Women's Flower Underwire Bra, Light Beige, 36C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....4PVF2

I have an ilusion body shaper with snaps underneath. Says model number 7193

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:55 am
I’m quite busty and right now not too skinny either. What works for me (only do it for special occasions)
1- really good bra. Edith landz it something like that. Really supportive
2- a girdle that pulls in my thighs and hips. Till about over navel
3- a body suit over everything to smooth it all out. The body suit is not very tight or supportive just to have a single layer smoothing it all out.

I do t like when someone wears a girdle and then you see a roll of stomach right where the girdle ends.
Also sometimes these heavy bras have design or seams that show through outside the dress. So the body suit takes care of that.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
This is the bra recommended for me for under a gown.

Bali Women's Flower Underwire Bra, Light Beige, 36C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....4PVF2

I have an ilusion body shaper with snaps underneath. Says model number 7193

Op here.
Thank you! I love the look of the shaper and am especially relieved to see the snaps!

The bra is completely unpadded. Did you find that it still had a nice shape? It seems like the seam is mid-breast, giving a...pointy? Beak like? look...but that might just be the picture.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:58 am
The Bali was recommended for me too. It does kind of have a pointy/cone-like shape. When it fits well the point won't be so pronounced, and under the gown it smooths out a little.

rising hero

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:24 pm
Op be aware that a $$$ price tag doesnt always mean a better fit but a better sale. Find out the return policy and dont take off the tags before the fitting...just my experience.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics