Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Low point in your life and what it taught you
1  2  Next

lilies

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 10:58 am
It can be about any low point and what it meant to you. No need to talk about your 'lowest' point Smile

Deleted

Last edited by lilies on Wed, May 06 2020, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:05 am
Among other things I learnt that most of my judgmental "why don't they..." "they should ..." "had they done this..." etc. self righteous thoughts about what others should have been doing were only being made becuase I wasn't in their situation.

dankbar

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:24 am
I have been through many challenges. Life taught me that Hashem is the master planner & he orchestrates everything, down to every nitty gritty detail in our life. When you open your eyes, you see the hashgacha pratis how Hashem leads our lives. Nobody can do it better than Hashem. He doesn't need our ideas.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 11:59 am
I never understood those people who knew they had PPD and didn't want to go for help. It's so available and so easily diagnosable and treatable. Lo and behold. Here I am, 5 months post partum with my second and still suffering from my PPD from my first who is almost 2. I haven't been able to bring myself to get help yet and I'm just pushing through on my own.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:09 pm
After surviving a severe depression, I realized that I am stronger than I thought I was. And this strength is very empowering for me.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:17 pm
Having a medical child I realized that my lowest point was when I was no longer in control of things. Ironically, that was my turning point. When there’s NOT A THING you can do to change a situation you give it all to HaShem and relinquish control. And feel immensely lighter.

fleetwood

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:17 pm
After suffering infertility for 7.5 years and sif for 3.5 years,I learned that it is truly all in G-ds hands. I did over 30 medicated cycles.. why did those 2 work..vs all the others?? None of it was in my hands,when it was time,it was time.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:49 pm
When I got divorced a few weeks after I got married I got a true lesson in friendship. My wonderful friends stood by me and supported and cheered me up. The so called friends that avoided me like the plague and just gossiped, I dropped.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:54 pm
When I was at the lowest of the low, I learned 4 main things:
1. What's really important. My family. Everything else is gravy. Even my reputation I allowed to be assaulted to protect my family. House, clothes, cars, vacations.... all these things I spend so much time on are nothing.
2. People are not black and white. When someone does something very, very, very wrong you can't just write them off as evil. Sometimes very good people make horrific mistakes. Life is gray. People are gray.
3. I have a tremendous capacity for forgiveness. Forgiveness doesn't make me weak. It makes me sane.
4. There is a lion inside of me.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 1:17 pm
At my lowest point I learned to listen to my intuition and my gut. Because I really know.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:13 pm
At my lowest points I learned that the yeshua always comes right after I've reached the lowest point! I just need to hold on tight!

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:32 pm
The most important thing someone taught me is that the opposite of acceptance is pain.

I don't know why that impacted me so much, but anytime I found myself in a difficult situation, I focused on this and realized how true it is. Fighting my reality with thoughts such as "this really shouldn't be happening to me" just added immensely to my pain. Accepting what was going on, and thinking of ways to improve the situation, while realizing that Hashem is ultimately in charge, really does ease the pain.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 2:37 pm
There really needs to be a hug function on this thread!

I was house sitting once, and I had just started a new job. It would be a week before my first paycheck. I only had enough money for bus fare. The only thing in the house was a bag of lentils, a limp carrot, and a slightly moldy onion.

I made lentil soup, and for a week I had it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I found out that I could survive on it, and now I never take food for granted.

After a failed suicide attempt, I realized that Hashem is not done with me yet, and that it might be interesting to stick around and find out what He had in mind. I'm glad I did.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:15 pm
Please keep responding everyone who writes is so helpful. I am suffering so I feel like I'm choking thoughts just swimming around me . The pain of jealousy hitting me so hard other people's lives their kids their good fortune . All this serves is to throw me into a black hole

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:22 pm
I have had so many low points..it was all life circimstances that I had no control over...I learnt that this too shall pass. I learnt to hang in there and thank Hashem for everything.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:23 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Please keep responding everyone who writes is so helpful. I am suffering so I feel like I'm choking thoughts just swimming around me . The pain of jealousy hitting me so hard other people's lives their kids their good fortune . All this serves is to throw me into a black hole

Jealousy is just your soul showing you what you want from the catalogue of life. Write down what you really want. Read your list, pray over it, every day. Focus on what you want for Yourself, shift your focus away from others. Remember Hashem is kol yachol - He can send your every wish. Work on Belief, you can have what everyone else has, or Hashem has something better in mind...He loves you as much as anyone else!!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:26 pm
It gets better. It's not always gonna hurt like this. You will have happy days again.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 5:53 pm
After my miscarriage I realised that my emunah was nowhere near as strong as I thought it was and have been looking for ways to strengthen it. I also learned that we all struggle with believing in different areas (eg children, parnassa etc) and not having your struggle doesn't make my level of belief a stronger one than yours.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:01 pm
Once I reached the low points in my life I realized the only way out was by moving up. I connected more to Hashem and then realized that HE is the power behind everything that happens to me. Ever since that realization , it makes dealing with struggles so much easier. I understand that I have no power in the way things will turn out . I’m able to let go . I’m able to stop trying to control situations and I’m able to let HIM take the lead. There is nothing more freeing than that.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:16 pm
Does anyone else suffer from terrible jealousy specifically in the area of raising children ? Like you are successful in every other area and function well except as a mother . The older kids followed their own path the younger ones are mentally unwell causing me shame and embarrassment t
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics