Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Basmati rice

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:28 pm
I once heard that white Basmati rice is much healthier than regular white rice and since I don't like brown rice, I should use Basmati to get the health benefits. I'm wondering if anyone know if that's actually true, basmati is rather expensive compared to regular white rice but I'll keep getting it if it's actually worth the health benefits.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 3:45 pm
Deleted!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:02 pm
I just saw a documentary about the rice industry, and how much arsenic is in different types of rice. The arsenic usually comes from the soil organically, it's not in a pesticide.

Brown rice and plain white rice can have extremely high levels. For some reason basmati rice and jasmine rice have levels that are well within the "safe" zone. IMHO, it tastes better, too.

lavenderchimes

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:03 pm
https://www.livestrong.com/art.....diet/

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:05 pm
It's not expensive if you buy in large quantities. We but the 20lb bag. It costs about 17$ in Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Roy....._BwE. It's even cheaper in Costco. It's healthier and much better tasting than regular rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen