Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Women going to coed gym?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:06 pm
I was very surprised to see a lot of frum women going to a coed gym in my neighborhood. I don’t understand this-how can men see you with exercise clothes on? Is it ok for you dh to go too?

hodeez

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:10 pm
Honestly I would question their frumkeit

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:11 pm
We can be dlkz, that they're doing something that they can stay fully tzniusdik with, e.g. treadmill, vs. a mixed exercise class. That they need something very specific and got a psak.

OP, I have a question: Is this is the only inconsistency you've noticed in your community? Is this just one of many threads you've started trying to figure these kinds of things out?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:12 pm
I live in a chassidish neighborhood and many women go to mixed gyms. I honestly can not understand it but it's none of my business......

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:12 pm
I used to go to a co-ed gym. I was dressed modestly. I wore leggings under a jersey knit skirt that came below my knees. I don't see why you need to judge other people ... if you aren't comfortable with it, don't do it.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I used to go to a co-ed gym. I was dressed modestly. I wore leggings under a jersey knit skirt that came below my knees. I don't see why you need to judge other people ... if you aren't comfortable with it, don't do it.

Modesty isn't only about how we dress. It's about our actions as well. When we exercise, we don't look so flattering to say the least...

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:16 pm
I go to a coed gym.. I don’t cover my hair when I go and I wear leggings/short sleeve T shirt. (Chassidish btw) my husband could not care less as long as I’m happy and get my workout in he’s fine with it. I would say MYOB. It doesn’t mean that you’re frummer or better than because you don’t go to coed gym.. everyone should live and let live..

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Modesty isn't only about how we dress. It's about our actions as well. When we exercise, we don't look so flattering to say the least...

Yeah, but how is not looking flattering immodest? And if you don't feel it's appropriate, don't do it - I'm not going to argue with you that you should be okay with it. I just think we should let others do as they are comfortable without all the judgement. BTW, I hated going to a coed gym, and now get my excercise walking home from work. So is it immodest for me to be walking home in the hot weather all gross and sweaty with men all over the streets?

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:20 pm
I go every morning at 6 am! You'll see me there running miles on a treadmill.
There are like 3 other people in the entire place.
I wear a skirt over my leggings and a long sleeve workout tee. Sports bra, so I look like a 10 yr old boy, and nothing jiggles around Wink
And my workout wig (it's an old fall I wear in a bun with a headband).
I'm yeshivish.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:25 pm
It’s not my preference. But I’ve done it. I dressed fully tznius. In my defense, I live oot and there often are no female only gyms. Over time I built up my home gym and no longer have to go to mixed gyms.

gingie37

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:27 pm
hodeez wrote:
Honestly I would question their frumkeit

Wow. Do you also judge the frumkeit of men who go to the gym?

hodeez

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:36 pm
gingie37 wrote:
Wow. Do you also judge the frumkeit of men who go to the gym?

Yes frum people don't belong in coed gyms. Unless you're gonna give me that MO excuse.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:38 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Yeah, but how is not looking flattering immodest? And if you don't feel it's appropriate, don't do it - I'm not going to argue with you that you should be okay with it. I just think we should let others do as they are comfortable without all the judgement. BTW, I hated going to a coed gym, and now get my excercise walking home from work. So is it immodest for me to be walking home in the hot weather all gross and sweaty with men all over the streets?

When you walk home from work, your breasts and behind aren't shaking in all directions like when you're working out.

tichellady

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:39 pm
I don’t get the issue. I cover my hair and dress modestly in the gym. If a man gets turned on by watching my exercise then he should turn away or go to a men’s only gym

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:40 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I go to a coed gym.. I don’t cover my hair when I go and I wear leggings/short sleeve T shirt. (Chassidish btw) my husband could not care less as long as I’m happy and get my workout in he’s fine with it. I would say MYOB. It doesn’t mean that you’re frummer or better than because you don’t go to coed gym.. everyone should live and let live..

This is very weird for a chassidish lady to do. I wouldn't call a women that uncovers her hair and wears shorts in a mixed gym a frum women. The only man that is allowed to see your hair is your husband.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:45 pm
Chasidishe lady not covering her hair at the gym? Interesting. I’m not judging, really, but I didn’t think chasidishe people do that.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:46 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Chasidishe lady not covering her hair at the gym? Interesting. I’m not judging, really, but I didn’t think chasidishe people do that.

I seen it so much that modern or JPF people are frummer then chassidish when it comes to certain things.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:54 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
When you walk home from work, your breasts and behind aren't shaking in all directions like when you're working out.

Dear, if your breasts and behind are shaking in all directions when you work out, you might want to consider purchasing better quality undergarments made for athletic purposes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
We can be dlkz, that they're doing something that they can stay fully tzniusdik with, e.g. treadmill, vs. a mixed exercise class. That they need something very specific and got a psak.

OP, I have a question: Is this is the only inconsistency you've noticed in your community? Is this just one of many threads you've started trying to figure these kinds of things out?

That was more then 1 question more like the 3rddegree is something bothering u?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 9:57 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

Same. Trying to picture bald chassidish ladies at a mixed gym...
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise