Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Always tired...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:08 am
So, I’ve checked this out more than once and then although my exhaustion is extreme there is nothing wrong physically.
My problem is that it bothers me that my goal on a regular basis is to be able to take a short nap and go to sleep early. That’s not really so normal. I can be so much more productive if I didn’t feel the need to lay down. I hardly ever even fall asleep when I try to rest during the week maybe just for a few minutes once or twice a month but a good 3-4 days a week I’ll be in bed that last hour before my kids come home. I also cant stay up late at night anymore. I simply have no energy after my kids go to sleep and I straighten up. I used to accomplish a lot at night. Now my goal is getting into bed.
When I had babies I had more strength.. now my kids are all in school, getting older and I sometimes feel like I don’t have a drop of energy.
How can I regain some of my energy?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:19 am
You say you checked it out and there's nothing wrong with you physically.
I assume your doctor checked your thyroid. Do you know what tests were run and what the results were? I might be reaching but there's a chance s/he just ran TSH and didn't read it properly. (I.e. it might have been within range but clearly at a point within range that many endocrinologists recognize can be hypo and require further testing. But if it doesn't get flagged or noticed by the dr. the patient suffers.)

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 8:37 am
If you checked bloodwork- can be due to low vitamin D , increased insulin resistance, too many carbs, too little fun...try a good multivitamin more protein less carbs more water more exercise...
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 9:29 am
Are you eating enough? Enough carbs? Balancing your blood sugar? Magnesium?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:02 am
Fatigue can be a symptom of so many different things that it is quite likely that there is a physical cause you haven't ruled out. For example, it can be a symptom of migraine, and someone who experiences fatigue and not a headache is unlikely to suspect migraine.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 11:04 am
OP, if you wish to consult Dr. Imamother (who is highly recommended by Dr. Google), you should post exactly what you have already checked for and discussed with your doctor.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:21 pm
I second thyroid. I felt fatigued for a while. It turned out to be hypothyroidism. BH since I've started my meds in addition to weight loss I feel alot more energetic.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 3:45 pm
Maybe you got more exercise and fresh air when your kids were home. Do you keep busy in the day? Maybe you have more worries and stresses than before. Do you drink enough water? Or maybe redoing your home will give you energy.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 4:45 pm
OP, this is me exactly. I got every test in the world and ever single thing came back great. EVERY TEST. You can try a sleep study. You can go l go the psychological route and see if you want to get stimulants prescribed.

I eat very clean, exercise even though I'm exhausted. I get tons of sleep and crash at 8/9 pm every night. I'm always exhausted and in bed. I work full time. I push myself to play with kids and do what needs to be done at home but in bed every second I can be. I have no life. No time for myself. All I can think about is sleep. I'm too busy and exhausted to think about exploring other options. My doctor has done every single test for fatigue, even non typical ones. I'm perfectly healthy. It sucks. It's so sad that I'm so young and I'm so exhausted always. I feel your pain.

malky800

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:35 pm
I have the same thing. All tests are perfect. I exercise, eat well. Doctor decided it's just physiological.
My bed is more exciting than housework.
So sometimes let myself plotz and other times I just push myself to stay up

trixx

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 5:38 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
OP, this is me exactly. I got every test in the world and ever single thing came back great. EVERY TEST. You can try a sleep study. You can go l go the psychological route and see if you want to get stimulants prescribed.

I eat very clean, exercise even though I'm exhausted. I get tons of sleep and crash at 8/9 pm every night. I'm always exhausted and in bed. I work full time. I push myself to play with kids and do what needs to be done at home but in bed every second I can be. I have no life. No time for myself. All I can think about is sleep. I'm too busy and exhausted to think about exploring other options. My doctor has done every single test for fatigue, even non typical ones. I'm perfectly healthy. It sucks. It's so sad that I'm so young and I'm so exhausted always. I feel your pain.

Cortisol levels? (saliva test)
Have you ruled out adrenal fatigue
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise