Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to get a 7th grader
Previous  1  2

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 4:40 am
My seventh grade DD would NOT appreciate flowers, and she's quite mature.
Having her aunt come, and receive some sincere compliments afterwards would mean a lot to her.
Something small like soda/chocolate would be a bonus.

salt

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 5:02 am
I don't think there's a need to buy a gift. If you couldn't go, I'd say buy a gift and write 'sorry I couldn't be at your play, I'm sure you were great.'
But you're going, that's what she wants.
If you simply can't come empty handed, get her a chocolate bar.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 7:16 am
You should find out first if it’s allowed to bring gifts. I brought my nieces small balloons on a stick the first year I went to their play and it turns out the school strongly discourages it so as not to make the other kids, who didn’t get anything, feel bad.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:52 am
I just wanted to let you know that its really special that you are going. What you are doing is called emotional support. Sharing something that is important to your loved one - not because its important to you as well but just because its important to them. I am from a family where no one cares to show up and it hurts. Its totally fine if you can't make it all the time, but from time to time it matters to show up. So good for you! She is lucky to have you.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:56 am
Is there a Dollar Tree near you? A bunch of balloons tied to a cute favor (could be a box of mike and ikes, or a cute little stuffed animal) works, and can be as cheap as you want to make it ($1 per item.)

Also want to say, my DD will be in 7th grade next year....I DO NOT expect her aunts to come unless they want to, and certainly no gift is expected.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:04 pm
Thank you all!! Your replies really mean a lot to me!!

groisamomma

Post Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:34 am
Kudos to you for going. My kids always remember which aunts came to their plays, and I'm sure my nieces do, too. If you can swing $10-12, buy her a spray water bottle at the custom name place near you. The girls use them in camp and they will put her name on it on the spot and wrap it up really pretty. It's not big, or showy, but it's an age-appropriate gift that my kids still use. And good for you for making the effort to go!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics