Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Bill of rights project

all is good

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:54 pm
Hi! I am desperately looking for a really good project to assign my 7th grade students on the Bill of Rights that will show me they understand the material well. I don't want a cut and paste of their notes type of thing. I'm sure there are plenty online but I'm limited due to my filter. (For ex, I cannot get on Instagram b/c of my filter.) The ones that I did see weren't major...
Any ideas??

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:58 pm
Can you check teacherspayteachers?
Some stuff is free, if you dig around enough.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:58 pm
Teacherspayteachers.com

trixx

Post Mon, Feb 10 2020, 10:59 pm
Have them write their own bill of rights (disclaimer I have no memory of that this actually is lol. I have seen school projects where they wrote their own constitution with their school rules it was fabulous)

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:09 am
Have them have something interactive like a debate, a courtcase deciding if different scenarios are constitutional, a campaign for candidates to be elected based on what rights they support, a skit, it can also be a silent one & everyone else has to guess to which of bill of rights it applies to.

Divide class in groups & each should present something else, like Freedom of press, create a journal, newspaper.
Freedom of Speech a suggestion box how to improve anything in class, school, teacher etc. Vote for different stuff. set up different things for honest reviews like cooking contest & everyone votes for best dish or gives honest opinions about tastes or about different products etc.
Freedom of religion a skit on past persecution of Jews in other countries.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 5:07 am
Have them pick the right from among those listed in the Bill of Rights which they feel is the most important and write an essay explaining their choice.

Have them pick the right from among those listed in the Bill of Rights and explain why the Founding Fathers thought it was important to include it (what were the circumstances at that time, what rules applied when England ruled the colonies and how did this impact the colonies, etc.)

singleagain

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 6:19 am
I once heard that Americans were asked how they would vote on certain amendments. And not only did they not recognize the bill of rights. They said they'd vote against it.

Maybe there's something there...

all is good

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:04 am
Thanks everyone! There are some good ideas here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics