Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
NY or Israel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 8:16 am
Where is the best place to buy a sheitel? I mean quality, price, and variety wise. I will be moving to a place where it'll be much more difficult to buy a sheitel, so do I buy one in NY before I leave, or get it in Israel where I will have more time to decide?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:05 am
Id also consider how you will best get any necessary ongoing help and back up from sheitel macher for any sheitel purchased, shipping it back and forth, or in person.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Id also consider how you will best get any necessary ongoing help and back up from sheitel macher for any sheitel purchased, shipping it back and forth, or in person.

I've had my shaitel for two years and haven't sent it back at all, so for me, personally, this isn't a big issue.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 10:53 am
Great! Still may be something to consider, I have only had one sheitel that necessitated addressing these issues in all my years of sheitel purchasing. And that would have been a problem to ship or visit out of country.

If you feel the time factor to decide weighs heavier then go for it.

Mide7

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:14 am
They have amazing sheitel companies in Israel such as Yafi Wigs, that are actually cheaper in Israel than in NY. But if you are looking for a Sary or Eva and Chloe, a "cheaper" brand, than it would probably be better to buy in NY.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:20 am
Mide7 wrote:
They have amazing sheitel companies in Israel such as Yafi Wigs, that are actually cheaper in Israel than in NY. But if you are looking for a Sary or Eva and Chloe, a "cheaper" brand, than it would probably be better to buy in NY.

Are those brands you mentioned considered on the higher-end? Can you give me an idea of the Israel vs NY price ranges?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:22 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Great! Still may be something to consider, I have only had one sheitel that necessitated addressing these issues in all my years of sheitel purchasing. And that would have been a problem to ship or visit out of country.

If you feel the time factor to decide weighs heavier then go for it.

Based on where I'll be located, I'll be in Israel more often than NY. Just wanted to get an idea of the price ranges.

Mide7

Post Tue, Feb 11 2020, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are those brands you mentioned considered on the higher-end? Can you give me an idea of the Israel vs NY price ranges?

So the prices vary everywhere of course. But if you are looking for a higher end Israeli wig, it is cheaper in Israel. If you are looking for a wig that is $1,500 and under than you would probably be safe buying a new Sary in NY or a similar brand....be sure it is fitted correctly to your head. If you are in NY I could give you the names and numbers of some great sheitel machers that could help you. But it depends how much you want to spend, what texture you are looking for and what is most important. You will need a sheitel macher in Israel in either case to help you with washing and so on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels