Home

Does trump care about America’s best interests
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


sky




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:36 pm
This is kid of a spin off of the current liberals has it easy thread.

Do you think trump is in the presidency:

because he cares and has America’s best interest at heart ?

Too make money?

Too be famous?

Some other reason?

Personally I feel he really cares about America. And wants to help. And does have everyone’s best interest at heart.

I also think it isn’t the right job for him. He is ignorant of protocol. Looks and sounds like a fool. He is not an upstanding person. But I think his heart is in the right place.
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:47 pm
I would say trump went into it for kavod.

I think he does genuinely care about many issues that face americans.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:50 pm
I think Trump is a malignant narcissist who truly cannot conceive of any interests outside of his own. He sincerely believes that what's good for him is by definition good for the country and justifies any behavior. It was essentially Dershowitz's impeachment defense.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 1:54 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I think Trump is a malignant narcissist who truly cannot conceive of any interests outside of his own. He sincerely believes that what's good for him is by definition good for the country and justifies any behavior. It was essentially Dershowitz's impeachment defense.


Jeanette, do you deny that Trump's policies have helped most Americans:

More jobs - especially for minorities

Higher wages

Booming stock market - helps 401k and pension plans

No new wars
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:04 pm
I believe he went into running for presidency SOLELY for America’s interest.
He didn’t like what was happening to our country.

That doesn’t make him perfect. He still has many issues that make him a weirdo.
And at this point many of his actions are definitely political, but I do believe his original intentions were America first.
Back to top

IMHopinion




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:07 pm
small bean wrote:
I would say trump went into it for kavod.

I think he does genuinely care about many issues that face americans.



He had plenty kavod and money before this.

He actually had respect from everyone before he ran. Even celebrities who tried to befriend him for his money and suddenly turned their backs when he ran on the republican side.
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:40 pm
I’ve seen interviews of him that go back 30 years. You can find them on YouTube. He also used to be a guest on Michael Savage’s show years before he ran for president. He was always concerned about America’s interests. Nothing to talk about. I’m sure that he gets great kovod as well, and that he enjoys it. Who wouldn’t? But he definitely has America’s interests in mind.
Back to top

Odelyah




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 2:57 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Jeanette, do you deny that Trump's policies have helped most Americans:

More jobs - especially for minorities

Higher wages

Booming stock market - helps 401k and pension plans

No new wars


I am not interested in debating this but since OP asked, I'm going to give my opinion and then leave Hiding .

What you and others are saying, even if true, does not contradict what Jeanette said, which I completely agree with. I think it is pretty clear (even to most if not of all of his supporters) that trump is a narcissist. I think he only (or mostly) cares about himself and winning. At some point he set his narcissistic sights on winning the ultimate kavod, becoming president of the US and leader of the free world. And he is a shrewd businessman and knows how to play people shamelessly, so he won. And now he has aligned his winning with America winning so practically speaking some conservatives (and yes some supporters of Israel who I love dearly) are supporting him because in certain ways he has governed in accordance with their values. But others, in spite of sharing those values, don't trust him because he is a loose cannon who only cares about himself and is completely unpredictable and/or cannot ever bring themselves to vote for such a blatantly disgusting human being.
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:04 pm
I think Trump is a selfish narcissist.
However, I think he selfishly wants to win and be revered and remembered as THE BEST.
To that end, I think he will keep trying to do what he thinks and is told is the best for America and surround himself with people who genuinely care about what's best for America.
However, I'm more concerned about his second term. He ran hoping to WIN. He spent his first term hoping to WIN. I get nervous that just a promise of reputation and legacy is not enough to make truly bad decisions.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:18 pm
Every President in modern history is power hungry and that's ok. I also believe Trump wants the best for the country , although I don't agree with many of the ways he goes about it
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:19 pm
No. Like many people on the left and right, he seems to outright hate members of the other party, as well as those in his own party whom he perceives as disloyal. You can't say you love America if you hate more than half of it.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:23 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
No. Like many people on the left and right, he seems to outright hate members of the other party, as well as those in his own party whom he perceives as disloyal. You can't say you love America if you hate more than half of it.

You're right..he does seem to hate alot of people and call them names.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:25 pm
sky wrote:
This is kid of a spin off of the current liberals has it easy thread.

Do you think trump is in the presidency:

because he cares and has America’s best interest at heart ?

Too make money?

Too be famous?

Some other reason?

Personally I feel he really cares about America. And wants to help. And does have everyone’s best interest at heart.

I also think it isn’t the right job for him. He is ignorant of protocol. Looks and sounds like a fool. He is not an upstanding person. But I think his heart is in the right place.


For anyone to say he’s in it for anything other than his love is country is dishonest and foolish. He’d be making a lot more money if he wasn’t president. He’s proven time and again, that he’s so solely concerned about the welfare of America and it’s citizens, that he has thrown the usual phony political correctness out the window in favor of America First, not caring what the naysayers think or say, and just doing what’s right.

He’s a patriot the likes of which we don’t see on the other side at all, ie. Schiff, Pelosi, Schumer and co. acting only on their own self interests, political careers and power (their entire agenda: investigations against the president, trying to oust him and not doing a thing to benefit the American people). Anyone who’s intellectually honest can recognize this fact.

And by the way, I don’t believe he’s ignorant of protocol. I believe he’s just too straightforward to care much about it. When he needs to be presidential, he is. On the other hand, Pelosi didn’t seem to follow protocol at the SOTU, both when she refused to announce the president the way she was supposed to, and when she infamously had the gall and disrespect of country to rip up the speech.

Odelyah wrote:
I am not interested in debating this but since OP asked, I'm going to give my opinion and then leave Hiding .

What you and others are saying, even if true, does not contradict what Jeanette said, which I completely agree with. I think it is pretty clear (even to most if not of all of his supporters) that trump is a narcissist. I think he only (or mostly) cares about himself and winning. At some point he set his narcissistic sights on winning the ultimate kavod, becoming president of the US and leader of the free world. And he is a shrewd businessman and knows how to play people shamelessly, so he won. And now he has aligned his winning with America winning so practically speaking some conservatives (and yes some supporters of Israel who I love dearly) are supporting him because in certain ways he has governed in accordance with their values. But others, in spite of sharing those values, don't trust him because he is a loose cannon who only cares about himself and is completely unpredictable and/or cannot ever bring themselves to vote for such a blatantly disgusting human being.


What you and others like you fail to realize is, we couldn’t care less if he has an ego the size of New York, or if he’s a narcissist as you love to say; his love of winning if fine as he’s been winning and winning and winning for our country! Perhaps y’all would rather he fail?


Last edited by Cheiny on Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:27 pm
Odelyah wrote:
I am not interested in debating this but since OP asked, I'm going to give my opinion and then leave Hiding .

What you and others are saying, even if true, does not contradict what Jeanette said, which I completely agree with. I think it is pretty clear (even to most if not of all of his supporters) that trump is a narcissist. I think he only (or mostly) cares about himself and winning. At some point he set his narcissistic sights on winning the ultimate kavod, becoming president of the US and leader of the free world. And he is a shrewd businessman and knows how to play people shamelessly, so he won. And now he has aligned his winning with America winning so practically speaking some conservatives (and yes some supporters of Israel who I love dearly) are supporting him because in certain ways he has governed in accordance with their values. But others, in spite of sharing those values, don't trust him because he is a loose cannon who only cares about himself and is completely unpredictable and/or cannot ever bring themselves to vote for such a blatantly disgusting human being.


And what is the evidence that Trump is more narcissist than any other politician -
especially those who run for president?

The last Democrats who were president got Tens of Millions $$$ in pay-offs -
Clinton, Obama. Many in congress are also getting fabulously wealthy due to legal bribes.

Trump is already a Billionaire so at least I know Trump cannot be bribed - unlike every other
politician.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:28 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I think Trump is a malignant narcissist who truly cannot conceive of any interests outside of his own. He sincerely believes that what's good for him is by definition good for the country and justifies any behavior. It was essentially Dershowitz's impeachment defense.


No! You’re kidding! I would’ve never guessed you felt that way. LOL
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:30 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
No. Like many people on the left and right, he seems to outright hate members of the other party, as well as those in his own party whom he perceives as disloyal. You can't say you love America if you hate more than half of it.


Do you apply this standard to Democrats who for DECADES have called half the country
racists, stupid, etc.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Do you apply this standard to Democrats who for DECADES have called half the country
racists, stupid, etc.


Deplorables, etc. Wow the double standard and hypocrisy is astounding, don’t you think?
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:35 pm
keym wrote:
I think Trump is a selfish narcissist.
However, I think he selfishly wants to win and be revered and remembered as THE BEST.
To that end, I think he will keep trying to do what he thinks and is told is the best for America and surround himself with people who genuinely care about what's best for America.
However, I'm more concerned about his second term. He ran hoping to WIN. He spent his first term hoping to WIN. I get nervous that just a promise of reputation and legacy is not enough to make truly bad decisions.


No matter what nefarious motives you attribute to his desire to make America great, I’d say it’s still a lot better than the previous president who put Iran and every muslim country before America’s interests. Feh. Good riddance.
Back to top

keym




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 3:41 pm
Cheiny wrote:
No matter what nefarious motives you attribute to his desire to make America great, I’d say it’s still a lot better than the previous president who put Iran and every muslim country before America’s interests. Feh. Good riddance.



I agree with you about Obama. I did not like him. I didn't feel he loved America, more like apologized for America's existence.
But that doesn't mean I have to like Trump.
I liked other Republican candidates. Rubio, Cruz, even Kasich. And I like Pence. I don't always love all their policies. But I believe that they genuinely cared about America.
Trump cares about himself and it so happens that his interests and America's are aligned in many ways- Making America Great Again.
If the interests diverge, can I trust he will put America before his own interest? No.
And just because Obama didn't (maybe) doesn't mean that Trump shouldn't.
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 11 2020, 6:21 pm
I still believe that Trump ran for president as a dare, or at least took a bit more action than the average 60s-70s aged American who reads the papers and snorts, “Meh! I can do a better job than that!”, shockingly gained popularity because of his complete lack of political correctness and politician fairness, and 3 years after winning still can’t believe he’s in the Oval Office.

This era is going to make a great screenplay one day.

While no one can know what his feelings are but himself, as crazy as his tweets are (which come directly from the source), they do read mostly as someone who fiercely supports his home team.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] Is it time yet for Trump to resign? 33 Today at 1:16 pm View last post
Trump’s toughness gets Navy Vet White released from Iran!
by Cheiny
0 Today at 12:26 pm View last post
NY Times changes headline “too fair” to Trump
by Cheiny
11 Yesterday at 11:21 am View last post
Trump assaulted protesters!
by Cheiny
57 Tue, Jun 02 2020, 11:34 pm View last post
Is Pres. Trump right? Do the Governors look weak?
by Cheiny
57 Tue, Jun 02 2020, 4:23 pm View last post

Jump to: