Home

#WalkAway movement
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 12:17 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZloAOCgJZZs
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:00 pm
b.chadash wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZloAOCgJZZs


Wow, amazing! Every liberal should watch. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 3:49 pm
Just curious, how do y'all feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? There are a lot of conservatives in the LGBTQ community who get a lot of hate from "their own people". Do you think you can coalition build with them, or is that taking things too far? I think you have to be pretty brave to be out, proud, queer, and Republican or conservative.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 4:19 pm
I actually was invited to meet Brandon Straka, Blaire White, and Mike Harlow last summer, but it was connected with the Pride Parade in Chicago, and those were not optics that worked for me. However, two guys I've met through online political/cultural discussion went and had a great time.

Trump has tons of LGBT supporters, and they are among the most rabid pro-Trumpers I've ever encountered. And, yes, they also get the most hate. Chadwick Moore was "patient zero" when he "came out as conservative" in the NY Post. To this day, he gets thrown out of bars, gets spit upon when he walks around in Brooklyn, and takes tons of abuse in everyday transactions. FYI, he is very grateful to frum Jews in Williamsburg, whom he says are always nice to him.

If you are offended by people yelling, "CNN sucks" at Trump rallies, you should know that it was started by "Gays for Trump," because Jim Acosta and CNN producers refused to show their contingent, doing elaborate camera work to avoid showing them.

I am no longer on Facebook, but if you are, Mike Harlow is really the brains of #WalkAway, imho. Mike was kicked off Twitter -- I believe for saying there are only two genders, but I don't recall the exact reason. Something along those lines. Twitter serves an excellent purpose by signalling who has the most dangerous and persuasive ideas. David Duke and Richard Spencer are welcome, but Mike Harlow? People might take him seriously.

Back when #WalkAway started, posters on Imamother dismissed it out of hand. It was all bots. It was just some hairdresser in NY. The videos were all fake. The same people are still at it, still dismissing any message that suggests that the leftist coalition is breaking down.
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 4:23 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just curious, how do y'all feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? There are a lot of conservatives in the LGBTQ community who get a lot of hate from "their own people". Do you think you can coalition build with them, or is that taking things too far? I think you have to be pretty brave to be out, proud, queer, and Republican or conservative.


There are a lot of gay republicans and conservatives.

Religious people think it is a sin but not every conservative or republican is religous.

Honestly the idea of freedom is one of the main values of conservatives. We are civil and embrace everyone whether or not we agree on behaviors. We also don't silence people.. there are many different views within the party.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 6:52 pm
Fox wrote:
I actually was invited to meet Brandon Straka, Blaire White, and Mike Harlow last summer, but it was connected with the Pride Parade in Chicago, and those were not optics that worked for me. However, two guys I've met through online political/cultural discussion went and had a great time.

Trump has tons of LGBT supporters, and they are among the most rabid pro-Trumpers I've ever encountered. And, yes, they also get the most hate. Chadwick Moore was "patient zero" when he "came out as conservative" in the NY Post. To this day, he gets thrown out of bars, gets spit upon when he walks around in Brooklyn, and takes tons of abuse in everyday transactions. FYI, he is very grateful to frum Jews in Williamsburg, whom he says are always nice to him.

If you are offended by people yelling, "CNN sucks" at Trump rallies, you should know that it was started by "Gays for Trump," because Jim Acosta and CNN producers refused to show their contingent, doing elaborate camera work to avoid showing them.

I am no longer on Facebook, but if you are, Mike Harlow is really the brains of #WalkAway, imho. Mike was kicked off Twitter -- I believe for saying there are only two genders, but I don't recall the exact reason. Something along those lines. Twitter serves an excellent purpose by signalling who has the most dangerous and persuasive ideas. David Duke and Richard Spencer are welcome, but Mike Harlow? People might take him seriously.

Back when #WalkAway started, posters on Imamother dismissed it out of hand. It was all bots. It was just some hairdresser in NY. The videos were all fake. The same people are still at it, still dismissing any message that suggests that the leftist coalition is breaking down.


No doubt the same types that will condemn this...
Former top Obama adviser: Top 2020 Democratic candidates are unelectable

https://www.foxnews.com/media/.....table
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:00 pm
Cheiny wrote:
No doubt the same types that will condemn this...
Former top Obama adviser: Top 2020 Democratic candidates are unelectable

https://www.foxnews.com/media/.....table


Quinnipac currently shows every Democrat beating Trump. Of course polls are irrelevant unless they say that Trump wins.

Monday, February 10
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 50, Trump 43 Biden +7
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 51, Trump 43 Sanders +8
General Election: Trump vs. Warren Quinnipiac Warren 48, Trump 44 Warren +4
General Election: Trump vs. Bloomberg Quinnipiac Bloomberg 51, Trump 42 Bloomberg +9
General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg Quinnipiac Buttigieg 47, Trump 43 Buttigieg +4
General Election: Trump vs. Klobuchar Quinnipiac Klobuchar 49, Trump 43 Klobuchar +6
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:11 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Wow, amazing! Every liberal should watch. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. Its very well done.

I have a question for Imas who used to be republican but walked away and now identify as Democrat or independent:
It is my impression that what turned you off from the republican party centers around the man- ie, Donald Trump, and not necessarily that you don't agree with conservative values.
Of course I know that since Donald came on the scene, the conservative positions have shifted. But would it be accurate to say that it is mainly that you are disgusted with DT, and the way the rest of the GOP has rallied around him, and that is why you left the party?
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:18 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Just curious, how do y'all feel about gay and transgender Trump supporters? There are a lot of conservatives in the LGBTQ community who get a lot of hate from "their own people". Do you think you can coalition build with them, or is that taking things too far? I think you have to be pretty brave to be out, proud, queer, and Republican or conservative.

To be clear, I dont have anything against gay people, and I believe that one may not hate a jew who is gay. It is the gay movement that is the problem. There's a fine distinction there.
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:20 pm
Fox wrote:
I actually was invited to meet Brandon Straka, Blaire White, and Mike Harlow last summer, but it was connected with the Pride Parade in Chicago, and those were not optics that worked for me. However, two guys I've met through online political/cultural discussion went and had a great time.

Trump has tons of LGBT supporters, and they are among the most rabid pro-Trumpers I've ever encountered. And, yes, they also get the most hate. Chadwick Moore was "patient zero" when he "came out as conservative" in the NY Post. To this day, he gets thrown out of bars, gets spit upon when he walks around in Brooklyn, and takes tons of abuse in everyday transactions. FYI, he is very grateful to frum Jews in Williamsburg, whom he says are always nice to him.

If you are offended by people yelling, "CNN sucks" at Trump rallies, you should know that it was started by "Gays for Trump," because Jim Acosta and CNN producers refused to show their contingent, doing elaborate camera work to avoid showing them.

I am no longer on Facebook, but if you are, Mike Harlow is really the brains of #WalkAway, imho. Mike was kicked off Twitter -- I believe for saying there are only two genders, but I don't recall the exact reason. Something along those lines. Twitter serves an excellent purpose by signalling who has the most dangerous and persuasive ideas. David Duke and Richard Spencer are welcome, but Mike Harlow? People might take him seriously.

Back when #WalkAway started, posters on Imamother dismissed it out of hand. It was all bots. It was just some hairdresser in NY. The videos were all fake. The same people are still at it, still dismissing any message that suggests that the leftist coalition is breaking down.

This Is fascinating!
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:24 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Quinnipac currently shows every Democrat beating Trump. Of course polls are irrelevant unless they say that Trump wins.

Monday, February 10
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 50, Trump 43 Biden +7
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 51, Trump 43 Sanders +8
General Election: Trump vs. Warren Quinnipiac Warren 48, Trump 44 Warren +4
General Election: Trump vs. Bloomberg Quinnipiac Bloomberg 51, Trump 42 Bloomberg +9
General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg Quinnipiac Buttigieg 47, Trump 43 Buttigieg +4
General Election: Trump vs. Klobuchar Quinnipiac Klobuchar 49, Trump 43 Klobuchar +6


Havent we learned anything about polls from 2016??
Indeed, the polls are irrelevant when they put anyone against Donald Trump. I say this not as a Trump fan, but as an observer of current events.
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:33 pm
b.chadash wrote:
Havent we learned anything about polls from 2016??
Indeed, the polls are irrelevant when they put anyone against Donald Trump. I say this not as a Trump fan, but as an observer of current events.


Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Right on cue.

Right wing: Lookie Here! Polls and Fox News tell me that Trump is going to win!

Me: Actually, polls say he loses.

Right wing: Polls mean nothing! [by the way, go check out where we say that Trump will win!]
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 7:48 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Right on cue.

Right wing: Lookie Here! Polls and Fox News tell me that Trump is going to win!

Me: Actually, polls say he loses.

Right wing: Polls mean nothing! [by the way, go check out where we say that Trump will win!]

I actually have no idea what fox news or the polls are saying. I stopped checking or believing in polls since 2016.
In 2016, when there were still 16 republican candidates running for president, Dh said he thinks Trump will win and he will be a great president. I said, ANYONE- literally ANYONE
BUT Donald Trump, please! I couldnt imagine that DT would beat out all these other eminently electable people, but if he c"v did, he was sure to lose in the general election. . I backed up my assertion by pointing to the polls- look, if you put Hillary or Sanders against the republican candidates, DT doesn't stand a chance! So we are better off electing someone who can beat the democratic candidate.
Anyway, I was totally wrong...Along with all the people who put their faith in the polls. Since then I don't believe in polls. I dont know if they just dont work anymore, or because when you throw in a wildcard like DT, polls are simply irrelevant.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 8:10 pm
small bean wrote:
Honestly the idea of freedom is one of the main values of conservatives. We are civil and embrace everyone whether or not we agree on behaviors. We also don't silence people.. there are many different views within the party.

One of the key differences that I find leftists fail to appreciate is that conservatives do not believe that tolerance and validation are the same thing.

In other words, a conservative has no trouble believing that homosexuality or a fondness for knitting or whatever is morally wrong -- yet at the same time maintain excellent relationships with homosexuals and knitters and advocate for their equal treatment in society. In fact, there are a lot of conservative gays who firmly -- usually for religious reasons -- believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Tolerance of gays and knitters is a reasonable demand; legislated or enforced approval of gays and knitters is not a reasonable demand.
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 8:44 pm
Fox wrote:
One of the key differences that I find leftists fail to appreciate is that conservatives do not believe that tolerance and validation are the same thing.

In other words, a conservative has no trouble believing that homosexuality or a fondness for knitting or whatever is morally wrong -- yet at the same time maintain excellent relationships with homosexuals and knitters and advocate for their equal treatment in society. In fact, there are a lot of conservative gays who firmly -- usually for religious reasons -- believe that homosexuality is wrong.

Tolerance of gays and knitters is a reasonable demand; legislated or enforced approval of gays and knitters is not a reasonable demand.

What If she's gay AND a knitter? Can we tolerate her?
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 8:46 pm
Fox wrote:
. In fact, there are a lot of conservative gays who firmly -- usually for religious reasons -- believe that homosexuality is wrong..


This is very interesting, but how does that even work? And can you point me to any examples of gay conservatives who openly admit that homosexuality is wrong?

And I completely agree with the rest of your post. Very, very well said.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:22 pm
b.chadash wrote:
What If she's gay AND a knitter? Can we tolerate her?

No! Absolutely not! That's just disgusting! How can you even think of such thing?!

You can, however, be a gay quilter.
Back to top

b.chadash




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:24 pm
Fox wrote:
No! Absolutely not! That's just disgusting! How can you even think of such thing?!

You can, however, be a gay quilter.

But only until 2023, at which point society will finally realize that quilting is abhorrent.
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:26 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Quinnipac currently shows every Democrat beating Trump. Of course polls are irrelevant unless they say that Trump wins.

Monday, February 10
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden Quinnipiac Biden 50, Trump 43 Biden +7
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders Quinnipiac Sanders 51, Trump 43 Sanders +8
General Election: Trump vs. Warren Quinnipiac Warren 48, Trump 44 Warren +4
General Election: Trump vs. Bloomberg Quinnipiac Bloomberg 51, Trump 42 Bloomberg +9
General Election: Trump vs. Buttigieg Quinnipiac Buttigieg 47, Trump 43 Buttigieg +4
General Election: Trump vs. Klobuchar Quinnipiac Klobuchar 49, Trump 43 Klobuchar +6


This is national and means nothing really. What really matters is electorally. Electorally if you read the polls currently trump wins. I don't think trump wins hands down and I think we can't really know until there is a nominee.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:30 pm
b.chadash wrote:
Havent we learned anything about polls from 2016??
Indeed, the polls are irrelevant when they put anyone against Donald Trump. I say this not as a Trump fan, but as an observer of current events.


Indeed you’d think people would be embarrassed to point to the fake polls which caused such shock and despair (on the last election night) in all those liberals who thought Hilary had it in the bag! (Polls: “99% chance Hilary will win!”). Lol some people never learn (or can’t).


Last edited by Cheiny on Wed, Feb 12 2020, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Help!!! Smell of bowel movement all over my house
by amother
16 Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:19 am View last post
Movement ideas indoors
by amother
5 Tue, Apr 14 2020, 12:43 am View last post
Anyone have a list of music & movement songs? Davening?
by amother
6 Tue, Mar 17 2020, 8:47 pm View last post
My 4 years in pain when having bowl movement
by amother
4 Thu, Jan 09 2020, 8:54 am View last post
Headcoverings for "anti shaitel" movement
by lylac
33 Tue, Dec 31 2019, 1:48 am View last post