Home

Publicizing my yeshua

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:56 am
I lit a candle for R Menachem Mendel Ben Yosef for 40 days and davened to Hashem for a yeshua in parnassa. Our situation was unfortunately not good. BH during the 40 days we signed a tenant on a property that we had been unable to rent for complicated reasons for a couple of years. It came completely out of the blue and is a huge financial relief for us. I wanted to publicize my yeshua, as requested by the rebbe. Sometimes we see Hashem answering us in the way we'd like, and sometimes we don't. I'm so grateful that we were granted this yeshua!

amother

Honeydew

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:42 am
wow! I'm in the middle of the 40 days. Thank you!

amother

Jetblack

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:13 am
How exactly does this work? One day candle? Say something? What time of day? Ext. Pls share.

amother

OP

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
How exactly does this work? One day candle? Say something? What time of day? Ext. Pls share.

Not sure how it's "supposed" to work, but I lit a tea light every night (after night fall) for 40 days and said it was lilui nishmas R Menachem Mendel Ben Yosef. I asked him to intervene on my behalf for a specific yeshua. I davened to Hashem for a yeshua. On Friday I lit the candle right before lighting shabbos candles. The yeshua is supposed to be publicized.

amother

Black

Post  Sat, Feb 15 2020, 10:30 pm
Who is Rabbi Menachem Mendel ben Yosef?

amother

Tan

Post  Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:53 am
I just wonder what u do on motza shabbos, do u still light? And what is if I forget and skipped one day of lighting?

amother

Ginger

Post  Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
I just wonder what u do on motza shabbos, do u still light? And what is if I forget and skipped one day of lighting?

After reading about this on this site, I also started lighting a candle.
I lit one on erev shabbos before I lit my shabbos candles and on motzei shabbos I lit before I went to sleep (same way I lit every night-).
The night begins the new day on the Jewish calendar. It happened once or twice that I forgot to light and I lit the next morning instead. This would obviously not work if you forgot to light on Friday night but I found Friday the easiest time to remember since I was lighting anyway and set up the tea lights with my shabbos candles.
BH I also saw a yeshua.
I think I read that R’ Menachem Mendel promised that whoever lights a candle for him for 40 days in a row , he will beseach Hashem for their bakasha. He also said to publicize it after.

FranticFrummie

Post  Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:43 am
Do you think this will work, if you're not sure it will work? I kind of want to try it, but I'm also slightly skeptical. I daven to Hashem all the time, with deep emunah. Will this extra bit help, or will it just make me give the Rebbe credit when I should be thanking Hashem?

I should probably ask a rabbi about this.

amother

Ginger

Post  Sun, Feb 16 2020, 8:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Do you think this will work, if you're not sure it will work? I kind of want to try it, but I'm also slightly skeptical. I daven to Hashem all the time, with deep emunah. Will this extra bit help, or will it just make me give the Rebbe credit when I should be thanking Hashem?

I should probably ask a rabbi about this.

I took upon myself to say tehillim each day of the 40 days.
I figured I had nothing to loose and if R’ menachem mendel would intervene for me, even better! Ultimately, it’s from Hashem of course, but a neshama in shamayim is rooting for you too.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h