Home

S/o Small house and storage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

lilies

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:27 pm
I belong to the 'only buy for the week' party but the reason is also partially due to having a child that will wreck and ruin all storage in a bad moment.

Do you think a small house makes dealing with challenging kids harder? Do you think a small house makes everything harder?

Malkqueen

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 8:35 pm
lilies wrote:
I belong to the 'only buy for the week' party but the reason is also partially due to having a child that will wreck and ruin all storage in a bad moment.

Do you think a small house makes dealing with challenging kids harder? Do you think a small house makes everything harder?

Yes and yes!
When we moved from our tiny apartment to our current apartment, it was like a weight lifted off of me, and I hadn't even realized I was carrying it!! BH my kids arent very challenging, but my DS is very high energy, and having more space means more place for him to run around expending energy. If I notice him getting antsy I'll sometimes tell him to run from one end of the house until the other end. After a couple of "laps" he's a different kid! I also find that more space = less clutter, and less clutter = clearer mind for me, so I'm more relaxed in general.

lilies

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 9:46 pm
Malkqueen wrote:
If I notice him getting antsy I'll sometimes tell him to run from one end of the house until the other end. After a couple of "laps" he's a different kid!

Sounds like a dream!
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven