Home

Is this a thing outside imamother?
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 10:57 pm
I must confess, I don't really know Trump supporters - Is this a thing outside I'm imamother?

Quote:
I am curious to know what you have done personally to be makir tov to President Trump for setting free your fellow Jew, Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?

Quote:
I totally believe, as Rabbonim and others have said, this great man’s presidency is not a natural phenomenon, and especially considering Dems’ intense, non stop and thankfully fruitless efforts to harm him and stop him, it’s crystal clear he was sent directly from Hashem, and hopefully will turn out to be the righteous gentile the Torah describes will help herald in the era of Moshiach.

Quote:
I’d suggest you get in touch with Rav Reisman or any of the other many Rabbonim who’ve spoken extensively on the phenomenon of Trump and his place in G-d’s Plan for some outside perspective which might actually convince you, if you believe in daas Torah.

Do people really talk that way nowadays? I've never heard anyone talk about a president that way - have you?

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:02 pm
Are all these quotes coming from one poster?

aliavi

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:03 pm
Not the point, but I think it’s great to see he is referred to properly as President Trump instead of Trump. I can’t say I’m for the type of comments posted.

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:07 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I must confess, I don't really know Trump supporters - Is this a thing outside I'm imamother?

Quote:
I am curious to know what you have done personally to be makir tov to President Trump for setting free your fellow Jew, Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?

Quote:
I totally believe, as Rabbonim and others have said, this great man’s presidency is not a natural phenomenon, and especially considering Dems’ intense, non stop and thankfully fruitless efforts to harm him and stop him, it’s crystal clear he was sent directly from Hashem, and hopefully will turn out to be the righteous gentile the Torah describes will help herald in the era of Moshiach.

Quote:
I’d suggest you get in touch with Rav Reisman or any of the other many Rabbonim who’ve spoken extensively on the phenomenon of Trump and his place in G-d’s Plan for some outside perspective which might actually convince you, if you believe in daas Torah.

Do people really talk that way nowadays? I've never heard anyone talk about a president that way - have you?

That’s funny, because where I work, every single person minus two is a Trump supporter. And I’m talking about Jews, Gentiles, Indians, Whites, and Blacks. (In numbers, it’s literally 25-2).

And you have yet to answer my question. What have you done to show gratitude for this person for the selfless act that he performed on behalf of your fellow Jew?

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:11 pm
b.chadash wrote:
Are all these quotes coming from one poster?

No! Is this a thing?

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:15 pm
malki2 wrote:
That’s funny, because where I work, every single person minus two is a Trump supporter. And I’m talking about Jews, Gentiles, Indians, Whites, and Blacks. (In numbers, it’s literally 25-2).

And you have yet to answer my question. What have you done to show gratitude for this person for the selfless act that he performed on behalf of your fellow Jew?

I was trying to hide your identity, oh well!

Nobody I've ever met talks about a president like that, it's just weird!

Do you talk that way in the real world?

Last edited by itsmeima on Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:19 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I was trying to hide your identity, oh well!

I’m not really sure what your question is? Do I support President Trump in the real world? Yes, and so do most of the people I know, both friends and relatives and also co-workers. What is your question?

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:24 pm
malki2 wrote:
I’m not really sure what your question is? Do I support President Trump in the real world? Yes, and so do most of the people I know, both friends and relatives and also co-workers. What is your question?

No, my question is would you use such phrases in the real world. Would you ask a friend ”I am curious to know what you have done personally to be makir tov to President Trump for setting free your fellow Jew, Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?” I

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:30 pm
Oh that's your question. It wasn't clear. I thought you were asking something totally different.
People often write diffetently than they speak. What of it?

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:30 pm
itsmeima wrote:
No, my question is would you use such phrases in the real world. Would you ask a friend ”I am curious to know what you have done personally to be makir tov to President Trump for setting free your fellow Jew, Sholom Mordechai Rubashkin?” I

I don’t have friends who speak with such nastiness against the President of the United States as you have spoken. I was not a supporter of President Obama at all. Yet I never spoke about him with the disrespect that you are using towards President Trump. I feel that for the mere act of setting free one of your fellow Jews, you at least owe him the decency not to speak of him so disgustingly.

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:32 pm
itsmeima wrote:

Not sure if you're referring to rabbonim speaking in such terms or others quoting them, but the answer is most definitely yes.

And it's not unique to Trump. We learn that Hashem guides the hands of those in power -- sometimes to help us and sometimes to send us a message.

At the worst moments of the Obama administration, there were tons of speeches and op-eds hypothisizing whtmessage Hashem was trying to send us.

Same during the Iraqi invasion under President Bush. Of course, they had plenty to say about President Clinton.

In fact, I'm old enough to remember rabbinic analysis of President Nixon: should we despise him for his personal antisemitism or honor him for his end to discrimination against Jews in the federal government?

The only rabbonim I'm aware of who shy away from the topic are those who are paid directly by their audience and are thus afraid of offending their constituents.

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:32 pm
malki2 wrote:

malki2, what have you done to show gratitude to the president? Did you write him a letter?

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:36 pm
b.chadash wrote:
malki2, what have you done to show gratitude to the president? Did you write him a letter?

I try to get others to appreciate him. And I’ve been successful BH. I’m a TDS doctor.

pause

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:40 pm
b.chadash wrote:

I sat down with my kids and they each wrote a letter which we mailed to the White House.

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Not sure if you're referring to rabbonim speaking in such terms or others quoting them, but the answer is most definitely yes.

And it's not unique to Trump. We learn that Hashem guides the hands of those in power -- sometimes to help us and sometimes to send us a message.

At the worst moments of the Obama administration, there were tons of speeches and op-eds hypothisizing whtmessage Hashem was trying to send us.

Same during the Iraqi invasion under President Bush. Of course, they had plenty to say about President Clinton.

In fact, I'm old enough to remember rabbinic analysis of President Nixon: should we despise him for his personal antisemitism or honor him for his end to discrimination against Jews in the federal government?

The only rabbonim I'm aware of who shy away from the topic are those who are paid directly by their audience and are thus afraid of offending their constituents.

I actually don't find that it's so common for rabbonim to talk about politics.
However, I am an avid listener of the shiurim of R' Mendel kessin. (I know I mentioned him on this site several times. Hoping to find a fellow Ima who also follows him...) He has a masterful way of interpreting current events and End of Days times through the lense of the teachings of the Ramchal and Zohar. Fascinating stuff.

Last edited by b.chadash on Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:44 pm
malki2 wrote:
I don’t have friends who speak with such nastiness against the President of the United States as you have spoken. I was not a supporter of President Obama at all. Yet I never spoke about him with the disrespect that you are using towards President Trump. I feel that for the mere act of setting free one of your fellow Jews, you at least owe him the decency not to speak of him so disgustingly.

I wouldn't call my posts nasty, but I hear you!

Regarding your question, I look at the BIG picture!

Especially things that affect me (I know, selfish!) freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the environment, and refuge laws!

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:45 pm
malki2 wrote:
I try to get others to appreciate him. And I’ve been successful BH. I’m a TDS doctor.

As in Trump Derangement Syndrom?
LOL

itsmeima

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:46 pm
pause wrote:
I sat down with my kids and they each wrote a letter which we mailed to the White House.

I think that's really sweet!

b.chadash

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:46 pm
pause wrote:

That is so special! Kol hakavod!

malki2

Post  Thu, Feb 13 2020, 11:47 pm
itsmeima wrote:
I wouldn't call my posts nasty, but I hear you!

Regarding your question, I look at the BIG picture!

Especially things that affect me (I know, selfish!) freedom of religion, freedom of speech, the environment, and refuge laws!

Please explain what Trump has done adversely regarding each of these things and how you are personally affected.
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 8 View latest: 24h 48h 72h