Home

Is this a thing outside imamother?
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


hotzenplotz




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:22 am
itsmeima wrote:
I was trying to hide your identity, oh well!

Nobody I've ever met talks about a president like that, it's just weird!

Do you talk that way in the real world?


Rabbi Berger, Mishkolz Rav, mekubal in Israel, originally from Canada says Trump is a reincarnation of Esav.
His speech about Jerusalem although written or just plain preached by a human is heaven at play.

Esav is doing his tikum by reinstating the Jerusalem he (Rome/Esav) destroyed.

(In the same vein, Winston Churchill was heavenly sent).
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:20 am
hotzenplotz wrote:
Rabbi Berger, Mishkolz Rav, mekubal in Israel, originally from Canada says Trump is a reincarnation of Esav.
His speech about Jerusalem although written or just plain preached by a human is heaven at play.

Esav is doing his tikum by reinstating the Jerusalem he (Rome/Esav) destroyed.

(In the same vein, Winston Churchill was heavenly sent).


Could we please keep to normative Daas Torah here and leave out the sensational mekubal and gilgul stuff?
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:27 am
Amarante wrote:
You are being facetious aren't you? LOL

Kushner and Ivanka has profited mightily from their White House connections.

This was my original point: everybody always profits mightily from their White House connections.

Sometimes it's completely legitimate; sometimes it's borderline legitimate; and sometimes it's pretty sketchy.

The problem with Hunter Biden isn't simply that he was given a plum directorship on the basis of his relationship to then-Vice President Biden. Do you think that Chelsea Clinton serves on the board of IAC and Expedia, racking up millions of dollars in stock, based exclusively on her personal business acumen in the fields of media and travel technology?

The problem with Hunter Biden is two-fold: first, his appointment to the Burisma board is part of a pattern of Ukrainian oligarchs and businesses making enormous donations and handing out such assignments to a number of individuals similarly connected to U.S. elected officials. Their intent is clearly to create connections and a network of friends in high places to call upon when needed. Given the sensitive position of Ukraine in U.S.-Russian relations, it is entirely appropriate for the U.S. to say to Ukrainian officials, "Enough already! This is bad for both our countries. Please help us get this problem under control."

Second, some of Hunter Biden's business dealings correspond rather neatly to his father's travel schedule or other official appearances on behalf of the U.S. The concern is that VP Biden gave the impression that doing business with the U.S. meant doing business with his son as well.

As I said upthread, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Kushner, but I think he's been as effective as anyone else in a specific, limited role. In fact, I think his familial relationship with the President serves an important purpose in dealing with GCC countries. No matter how technologically advanced or wealthy, GCC countries are, at heart, tribal in nature. Everything is based on family connections. For the President to send a son-in-law is seen as significantly more respectful than sending a career diplomat.

So I have no more objection to using Kushner in such a way than I had to allowing Michelle Obama to retool school lunches; Hillary Clinton to attempt to reform healthcare; or if we go back far enough, to allowing Lady Bird Johnson to plant wildflowers and advocate for restrictions on billboards.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:20 pm
Amarante wrote:
You are being facetious aren't you? LOL

Kushner and Ivanka has profited mightily from their White House connections.


Oh yes, they were paupers before the White House, riiiiiight? LOL
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:23 pm
Fox wrote:
This was my original point: everybody always profits mightily from their White House connections.

Sometimes it's completely legitimate; sometimes it's borderline legitimate; and sometimes it's pretty sketchy.

The problem with Hunter Biden isn't simply that he was given a plum directorship on the basis of his relationship to then-Vice President Biden. Do you think that Chelsea Clinton serves on the board of IAC and Expedia, racking up millions of dollars in stock, based exclusively on her personal business acumen in the fields of media and travel technology?

The problem with Hunter Biden is two-fold: first, his appointment to the Burisma board is part of a pattern of Ukrainian oligarchs and businesses making enormous donations and handing out such assignments to a number of individuals similarly connected to U.S. elected officials. Their intent is clearly to create connections and a network of friends in high places to call upon when needed. Given the sensitive position of Ukraine in U.S.-Russian relations, it is entirely appropriate for the U.S. to say to Ukrainian officials, "Enough already! This is bad for both our countries. Please help us get this problem under control."

Second, some of Hunter Biden's business dealings correspond rather neatly to his father's travel schedule or other official appearances on behalf of the U.S. The concern is that VP Biden gave the impression that doing business with the U.S. meant doing business with his son as well.

As I said upthread, I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Kushner, but I think he's been as effective as anyone else in a specific, limited role. In fact, I think his familial relationship with the President serves an important purpose in dealing with GCC countries. No matter how technologically advanced or wealthy, GCC countries are, at heart, tribal in nature. Everything is based on family connections. For the President to send a son-in-law is seen as significantly more respectful than sending a career diplomat.

So I have no more objection to using Kushner in such a way than I had to allowing Michelle Obama to retool school lunches; Hillary Clinton to attempt to reform healthcare; or if we go back far enough, to allowing Lady Bird Johnson to plant wildflowers and advocate for restrictions on billboards.


It’s unbelievably disingenuous and hypocritical to point to the Kushners with a self righteous accusing finger, have no problem at all with the corruption of the Bidens, the Clintons, and the rest of the dems.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Feb 17 2020, 12:36 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Oh, that's right. I cannot possibly have principled reasons for not supporting Trump. It must all be based on irrational hatred! It must be because I'm so anti Torah.

Fox, is this what you were referring to that "We can disagree on our priorities, but there's nothing that gives you the moral high ground or makes you a better person"?


Fake News has been brainwashing people to hate Trump for no rational reason.

So far I have not heard any reasonable reasons for hating Trump.

Yes, Trump is immoral - but so are many Democrat Politicians whom you do not Hate.

Yes, Trump lies - but Democrats lie much more egregiously - and you don't hate them.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 1:55 pm
Well, Fox, I guess you're delighted to learn that Trump commuted the sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Because all that corruption is very legal and very cool.

I guess he'll join the Republican party now in gratitude. He'll fit right in! He probably should never even have been prosecuted because what's a little run of the mill corruption between friends?

See, Trump really doesn't get it. He thinks Dems will love him for this and he will be shocked when there's backlash. He thinks Dems stick with their corrupt politicians just as Trump's base sticks with him. Dumb move.

Who's next? Bernie Madoff?
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:17 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Well, Fox, I guess you're delighted to learn that Trump commuted the sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Because all that corruption is very legal and very cool.

I guess he'll join the Republican party now in gratitude. He'll fit right in! He probably should never even have been prosecuted because what's a little run of the mill corruption between friends?

See, Trump really doesn't get it. He thinks Dems will love him for this and he will be shocked when there's backlash. He thinks Dems stick with their corrupt politicians just as Trump's base sticks with him. Dumb move.

Who's next? Bernie Madoff?


Listen. Blagojevitch may not be an angel, but what can Trump do? We need to clear some space for Hillary, Obama, Comey, Brennan, Klapper, et al.
Back to top

small bean




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:24 pm
He did not do it to win democrats. That is the dumbest take I have heard.

He did it because the guy sat 9 years for trying to sell obamas seat. It is similar to the corruption charges or roger stone, who the doj just said that 9 years is to long. He did it because 9 years is enough for the crime. He did it to look consistenet.

At the end of the day trump, has the right to pardon or commute sentences for whom ever he wants. He barely used that power. (Obama for example pardoned more than the last 15 presidents combined).

I personally think it is a stupid move on his part. I don't support pardoning or commuting most people, but lets not make it out to be worse than previous administrations. Because then either you dont know history or you have a serious partisan issue.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:26 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Well, Fox, I guess you're delighted to learn that Trump commuted the sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Because all that corruption is very legal and very cool.

I guess he'll join the Republican party now in gratitude. He'll fit right in! He probably should never even have been prosecuted because what's a little run of the mill corruption between friends?

See, Trump really doesn't get it. He thinks Dems will love him for this and he will be shocked when there's backlash. He thinks Dems stick with their corrupt politicians just as Trump's base sticks with him. Dumb move.

Who's next? Bernie Madoff?

All this sarcasm and venom has become rather frightening and significantly undermines any legitimate points you might make.

No one, including me, has defended corruption. Disagreeing with you about your definition of corruption does not equal condoning corruption, however much you'd like to connect them.

No one I've talked to and/or read has any idea why Trump commuted Blagojevich's sentence. The best guesses are (a) to punish Illinois for voting Democrat in 2016; or (b) to make more room at the governor's table at the federal prison where Illinois governors and elected officials serve their time.*



* For the humor-impaired, these are jokes.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:52 pm
small bean wrote:
He did not do it to win democrats. That is the dumbest take I have heard.

Blagojevich is detested in Illinois by Republicans and Democrats alike. He's perceived as not just a Democratic Machine hack, but a stupid one, too. Thus leading to the jokes about how Trump is releasing him back into the wild as revenge.
Back to top

Jeanette




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 2:53 pm
I'm glad to hear that Republicans are as mystified and outraged as I am at Blago's sentence being commuted. My faith in humanity is restored.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:18 pm
Jeanette wrote:
I'm glad to hear that Republicans are as mystified and outraged as I am at Blago's sentence being commuted. My faith in humanity is restored.

Ooh! Maybe it's like a prisoner swap. We have to take Blago back, but we get to ship Kim Foxx to the feds!

Seriously, though, the best thing (possibly the only thing) good about living in Illinois is that it demonstrates how thoroughly witless and stupid people rise to positions of power in both political parties. The Democrats control Cook County, and the Republicans control DuPage County, just to the west. Both groups have made a shambles of their respective counties over the decades.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:48 pm
Jeanette wrote:
Well, Fox, I guess you're delighted to learn that Trump commuted the sentence of former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich. Because all that corruption is very legal and very cool.

I guess he'll join the Republican party now in gratitude. He'll fit right in! He probably should never even have been prosecuted because what's a little run of the mill corruption between friends?

See, Trump really doesn't get it. He thinks Dems will love him for this and he will be shocked when there's backlash. He thinks Dems stick with their corrupt politicians just as Trump's base sticks with him. Dumb move.

Who's next? Bernie Madoff?


Did you have the same problems with the people pardoned by Billy the rapist Clinton and Obama? I’ll bet not.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:49 pm
small bean wrote:
He did not do it to win democrats. That is the dumbest take I have heard.

He did it because the guy sat 9 years for trying to sell obamas seat. It is similar to the corruption charges or roger stone, who the doj just said that 9 years is to long. He did it because 9 years is enough for the crime. He did it to look consistenet.

At the end of the day trump, has the right to pardon or commute sentences for whom ever he wants. He barely used that power. (Obama for example pardoned more than the last 15 presidents combined).

I personally think it is a stupid move on his part. I don't support pardoning or commuting most people, but lets not make it out to be worse than previous administrations. Because then either you dont know history or you have a serious partisan issue.


Definitely the latter
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 3:53 pm
We shall see what the outrage will be about this from those who claim moral superiority when it comes to the president...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/der.....uptcy
Back to top

SixOfWands




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 4:01 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Did you have the same problems with the people pardoned by Billy the rapist Clinton and Obama? I’ll bet not.


Boy that really got to you, didn't it. Your nasty and baseless epithets are getting even worse.
Back to top

streak




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 4:48 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Again, I look at the big picture!

Trump has done nothing, absolutely nothing for the environment, nothing! He just undid a whole bunch of laws.

Abortion goes under freedom of religion! My rights to have an abortion (ch’v) if my Rav paskens... We aren't Christians, we shouldn't be practicing their laws (as much as Ben Shapiro would like to claim so)!

“See, I don’t think that the mainstream media is free speech either because it’s so crooked. It’s so dishonest. So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad. To me, that’s very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it. But that’s not free speech.” I know, isn't that funny? He's repeated this line way too many times - it's scary!

Oh and let's pretend the administration didn't just cut down on Medicaid and food stamps!


Ok so I don't believe in the safe the earth stuff. It's really not my priority in a president.

I agree with his views on abortion. It should be done unless extenuating circumstances.

And did he cut back on Medicaid and footstamps? Great! Those programs are horribly mismanaged and are a major cause for concern in this country. They need to be totally revamped so that they can be a help not a hindrance and actually promote independence instead of laziness.

Medicaid specifically plays a large role in why healthcare costs are out of hand for those who don't have it.
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Recent Topics

Page 8 of 8 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
The Official Imamother Telephone Game! 590 Yesterday at 11:58 pm View last post
Feel like crying even though I'm doing right thing
by amother
14 Yesterday at 10:19 pm View last post
Hope were doing the right thing
by amother
28 Fri, Apr 03 2020, 12:47 pm View last post
Are you allowed to wear a mask outside on Shabbos?
by amother
15 Wed, Apr 01 2020, 3:23 pm View last post
[ Poll ] When you first heard of imamother...
by amother
15 Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:30 am View last post

Jump to: