Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
HELP! 2yr old and 4 yr old waking up multiple times

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 3:52 am
I need a huge dose of advise and wisdom, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease. I feel BEYOND desperate.

My 2.5 yr old and 4.5 yr old are waking up repeatedly in the night crying inconsolably. They each take turns waking up and I am becoming extremely irritated (more like aggressively angry) every time they wake up.

Does anyone have a clue? I've tried charts with my oldest, promised her ice cream, put a mattress in my bed....everything. everything worked maximum 2-3 times and then it was back to square one. With the toddler I am at a total loss

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 4:42 am
Pinworms!!! For sure! Whenever my kids have they don’t scratch or complain just wake up at night saying had a scary dream and I check them and they have! At night 2 hrs olafter falling asleep check them with a flashlight! I give vermox and wake ups stop immediately

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 4:51 am
oh!

Do I need a prescription? my poor kids I had no idea

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 4:56 am
check them first before you give med.. depends which country in israel you need a prescription.. the nurse can give you one.. but check them with a flashlight at night carefully for a few minutes you’ll see a thin white wiggly strand sorry for tmi

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:13 pm
I already gave them vermox. Dunno if they even have it but it makes sense

SHS

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:16 pm
Would also say Pinworms, have the same with my 5 year old daughter.
Just be careful, as they say Vermox is not so good to give to boys too often...

NurseK

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:22 pm
While pinworms *can* be an answer, it doesnt necessarily mean it is.

What do they want when they wake up? To come to your room? A drink? Not tired/just want to play? This will make a difference, but either way, the way to eliminate the wakings is to not give in to the behavior. Whether this is slowly decreasing your response time, not engaging at all, or some other method is up to you.

I feel for you, it is sooo frustrating to not get a normal nights sleep, and it is quite hard to keep up your patience/resolve when all you want is for you and them to go back to sleep! My DD year old still wakes often but recently we instituted a new policy and B"H shes been good. Let me know if you want me to elaborate.

Hatzlacha!

SHS

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 12:24 pm
I guess you should check (best with flashlight) if you see pinworms

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Feb 16 2020, 2:24 pm
With mine it was lice Sad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:37 am
NurseK wrote:
While pinworms *can* be an answer, it doesnt necessarily mean it is.

What do they want when they wake up? To come to your room? A drink? Not tired/just want to play? This will make a difference, but either way, the way to eliminate the wakings is to not give in to the behavior. Whether this is slowly decreasing your response time, not engaging at all, or some other method is up to you.

I feel for you, it is sooo frustrating to not get a normal nights sleep, and it is quite hard to keep up your patience/resolve when all you want is for you and them to go back to sleep! My DD year old still wakes often but recently we instituted a new policy and B"H shes been good. Let me know if you want me to elaborate.

Hatzlacha!

Please elaborate!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics