Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Birdsboro chicken

yo'ma

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:09 am
I personally don’t see a difference, but someone I know does and doesn’t care for it and asked around and he said most people he asked felt the same as him. Do you like it? I really can’t tell the difference between any. I think it’s psychological.

There is a reason I want to know.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:38 am
Are those the big chickens?

shmosmom

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:42 am
I don't either like it, but then again I see it raw and get grossed out. The hot dogs can definitely taste the difference.

samantha87

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:28 am
What is it?

subee

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:34 am
I use it every week and my chicken comes out very good.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:21 am
I hate it. My FIL works for their shechita and he often gives us lots of chicken. My kids and I really dislike it. It not only tastes different but it has a really weird consistency. My DS who raises chickens himself, explained to me that Birdsboro chickens are free range and are not given the same hormones or whatever as other chickens so their muscles are thicker and that’s why the chicken feels more rubbery. I’m not sure if he knows what he’s taking about but it does make sense.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:32 am
We just had it this Shabbos. It was even frozen. Was delicious. No one knew it was a different brand.

The hot dogs we don’t like - but my kids only like able & hymen so then are picky.

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 10:02 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I hate it. My FIL works for their shechita and he often gives us lots of chicken. My kids and I really dislike it. It not only tastes different but it has a really weird consistency. My DS who raises chickens himself, explained to me that Birdsboro chickens are free range and are not given the same hormones or whatever as other chickens so their muscles are thicker and that’s why the chicken feels more rubbery. I’m not sure if he knows what he’s taking about but it does make sense.

These days, no chickens are being given hormones. Because people don't want them and won't buy them. Birdsboro says their chickens are always antibiotic free. They are not free range-check their website. It says they are allowed to roam freely and have shelters. Which sounds like they are indoors, but not caged. Their diet is 100% vegetarian-which means they are not in the field where they can eat worms and bugs from the ground.

The difference in taste is likely due to the feed. What they are fed is what makes the different brands of chicken have the different tastes. For those who can tell difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey