Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Help! Laptop hacked!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:04 pm
Help!!
Never had this before.
I turned on my laptop and it said that battery is critically low so I plugged it in. Nothing unusual there. Then, the second I logged in and went to the homepage, the screen said it’s locking, so I immediately turned it off bc that has never happened. When I turned it back on, it logged me in and I went to Google Chrome. All of a sudden, a bunch of small black screens appeared, all in front of the other. I immediately turned it off again.
I haven’t been doing anything unusual. All the same websites etc and no new links from emails etc. the only USB we use is an old on of my husbands with downloaded sefarim etc. doubt any virus came from that. No public Wifi in ages, etc.
How did this happen? What do I do? There are a few field I care about for sentimental reasons that aren’t backed up (I’m in the middle of going thru pics from a photo shoot, etc) plus downloaded sefarim from my husband.
Help!!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:07 pm
Do NOT open it again. Take it straight to a computer repair person and see if they can undo any viruses and backup all of your data.

This is not a job for amateurs. The work will be worth every penny.

watergirl

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:08 pm
This is not a hack, this is a virus. Sometimes viruses come randomly. It can be removed, you will need to go to a computer repair person.

lilies

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 2:51 pm
Do you have a filter installed? Many of them will do the black screen thing when the computer restarts after draining battery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics