Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Till when do you drink coffee?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:49 pm
Does caffeine keep you up at night? If yes, what's the latest time in the day you drink coffee?

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:53 pm
I read an article that said if you want to go to bed by 10pm you should stop caffeine by 4 so I try and follow that. I will have a tea or half caf coffee around 3-4 pm if I know I have to out out at night or have a ton of housework to do.

malki2

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 5:55 pm
When I was younger, and especially when I went back to school a few years back and was perpetually sleep-deprived, I could have a few a day, and even one at night, and it wouldn’t make a difference. Recently, I’ve grown more sensitive to caffeine, and it bothers me if I have more than one a day, or if I drink it in the afternoon. ☹️

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 6:28 pm
I can drink until 3:00pm if needed. 4:00pm is my absolute cutoff, no exceptions after that otherwise I suffer the consequences.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:00 pm
I just dont drink coffee Smile

rockstar

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:01 pm
Don’t find that it keeps me up rly. I drink till like 7. Weirdly I do find that it wakes me up in the morning though.

Metukah

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:06 pm
I sometimes need my caffeine fix just before I go to sleep. At this level of exhaustion nothing keeps me up. If anything it helps me sleep. ;-)

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:16 pm
9:00 am Laugh

Optione

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:16 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I can drink until 3:00pm if needed. 4:00pm is my absolute cutoff, no exceptions after that otherwise I suffer the consequences.

This is exactly me.

icebreaker

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:09 pm
Coffee does nothing for me. I’ve had coffee at 9pm and went to sleep at 11 😆 I need very strong coffee. And I’m not even a regular coffee drinker at all.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:11 pm
About 7:pm.

chatz

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:16 pm
24/7 coffee

tweety1

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:21 pm
I drink the latest by 3 but even so it keeps me up till abt 12-1-2

asmileaday

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:21 pm
Coffee doesn't affect me. It doesn't wake me in the morning and it doesn't keep me up at night. I drink it for enjoyment. So anytime is fine.

gyf45

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:47 pm
I have coffee in the morning only 1 cup a day it’ll completely wake me up It makes me throw up if I try to drink at night. For those who drink several cups a day how do you have any appetite? It makes you so full. That is if you’re trying to lose weight then that’s a diff story.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:21 pm
I drink drink drink coffee all the time until I'm pregnant and then I throw throw throw up coffee all the time.

soap suds

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:26 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Coffee doesn't affect me. It doesn't wake me in the morning and it doesn't keep me up at night. I drink it for enjoyment. So anytime is fine.

That's me. I can drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then fight to keep my eyes open at work. I drink coffee at 10pm and it doesn't keep me up.

violet1

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:32 pm
I have a cup or 2 day. The second one I usually drink in bed while reading before I go to sleep. It doesn't keep me up at all, but sometimes I have to wake up earlier than normal to go to the bathroom.

Fave

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 9:36 pm
Until I become fleishigs - which is usually around 4 pm when I serve by younger daughter supper.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 5:29 am
Metukah wrote:
I sometimes need my caffeine fix just before I go to sleep. At this level of exhaustion nothing keeps me up. If anything it helps me sleep. ;-)

This. First time I come across somone like me in this regard.

Also, I feel like my body is constantly changing.
Coffee used to not keep me awake. I would drink it at any hour (fleishig? No problem, use soy milk. Yum) but after my oldest my body became sensitive to it and it would keep me up at night.
Then after my 3rd, it stopped working that way. Itll give me a clear head and make me more alert and less tired /more energy. But if I choose to go to sleep, with a baby with terrible sleep patterns, im always ready for shut eye.....
The onmy time it bothers me is naptime. If I had a coffee within the 2 hours, and rmthe room isnt dark enough then the nap wont happen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics