Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
When will the coronavirus be over?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
No, of course I vax lol!
I’m not intelligent enough to know all the options of what an effective government can do to halt the spread of a disease. But what I do know is that I don’t trust the Chinese government to handle this humanitarian disaster in a humane way that protects all of its citizenship. Please read accounts of Chinese people struggling right now and the lack of adequate medical care and supplies headed to those who desperately need it.
It’s definitely quite troubling indeed....

There really aren't that many viable options to handle an outbreak of the proportion China is dealing with. And however badly we think China is handling this, they are buying all of us time, and essentially prolonging our lives in hopes of saving them.
I think we at least owe them a debt of gratitude for that one.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:03 pm
DrMom wrote:
How about testing people and triaging patients? How about setting up tent hospitals if there are not enough brick-and-mortar hospitals in the area? How about trying to treat people in some way instead of locking them in their homes and seeing who dies?

No, we do not use cultural relativism to justify treatment of terrorists. And how are innocent people with a flu equivalent to terrorists? Who thinks this?

That's exactly what they've tried to do. They set up a hospital in ten days. They are going around handing out food to people in certain neighborhoods.
But this is an epidemic of massive proportion. And they need to contain it. If it continues to spread at lightning speed it doesn't matter what they do, you cannot have a health system where you so few doctors to patients and hospital beds. It's impossible.

No matter what they did their people would die. And for your "how about trying to treat people in some way" - well that's what they've BEEN doing. First they provided supportive treatment, that's not really working too well. Now they've found out that blood from recovered patients can help those who are still ill, and each donation can help 8-10 people.

They mapped the genome really fast and shared it with us. They created tests to diagnose the virus and so have we. They are doing their best but it's not enough because this is a virus we haven't seen before, that hasn't affected humans before.

What did you expect them to do, other than what they've been doing and trying to do?

I get that you take issue with the lockdown but you haven't yet named a viable option for containing such a massive outbreak. You don't seem to understand that once it reaches such proportions there isn't much to do at all. Which is exactly why it's so dangerous and why it's so important that other countries take preventive steps to make sure that we don't end up like China. Because we could end up like China, if enough people violate the self-quarantines.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
There really aren't that many viable options to handle an outbreak of the proportion China is dealing with. And however badly we think China is handling this, they are buying all of us time, and essentially prolonging our lives in hopes of saving them.

Well... not if they are the ones who created and/or released the virus in the first place.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:16 pm
DrMom wrote:
Well... not if they are the ones who created and/or released the virus in the first place.

Even if they created it, they certainly did not intend to release it and have it reach such enormous proportions.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:04 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
You believe they should have had a voluntary quarantine, or no quarantine and allowed people to spread the disease freely?

Also, do you vax?

No, of course there shouldn't be voluntary quarantine. But all of you saying this obviously haven't been following the news properly. ALL countries are implementing these measures, looks what's happening in Italy now. The difference is that China is doing it in an inhumane manner.

A few examples (and this is just the tip of the iceberg), I haven't have time to read everything fully myself:

- The government have said that if any infected people are found in private homes in Wuhan after their house to house search for infected persons, the local governors will be held responsible. (I leave to your imagination what could happen to them.) So the local response? Forcibly removing thousands of healthy people from their homes and dragging them into decrepit quarantine centers to avoid any trouble. These centers will all be hotbeds for the virus to spread further - since many people with the disease are being taken there too. But, no matter. As long as that helps the higher ups avoid getting into trouble, who cares that thousands will now get infected or cross-infected.
- There are videos circulating of nurses having their hair forcibly shaved off in order to 'protect' themselves in the hospital. Somehow the men are able to be protected while keeping their hair on.
- Videos are being circulated of people being stopped in the streets and chained up, paraded around.

And that's not to forget that if not for their silencing the doctor(s) who tried raising the alarm initially, it would all have been able to be contained before it grew into a pandemic of these proportions.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:06 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

We owe them a debt of gratitude for silencing the whistle blowers who tried warning everyone about this virus?

If they would have taken preventative measures at the outset, it wouldn't have grown to anywhere near these proportions, and these draconian measures wouldn't have been necessary.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:24 pm
I think we at least owe them a debt of gratitude for that one.[/quote]

I’m assuming that this is a joke or you haven’t had time to read the horrific news reports from China.
May Hashem protect us all.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
No, of course there shouldn't be voluntary quarantine. But all of you saying this obviously haven't been following the news properly. ALL countries are implementing these measures, looks what's happening in Italy now. The difference is that China is doing it in an inhumane manner.

A few examples (and this is just the tip of the iceberg), I haven't have time to read everything fully myself:

- The government have said that if any infected people are found in private homes in Wuhan after their house to house search for infected persons, the local governors will be held responsible. (I leave to your imagination what could happen to them.) So the local response? Forcibly removing thousands of healthy people from their homes and dragging them into decrepit quarantine centers to avoid any trouble. These centers will all be hotbeds for the virus to spread further - since many people with the disease are being taken there too. But, no matter. As long as that helps the higher ups avoid getting into trouble, who cares that thousands will now get infected or cross-infected.
- There are videos circulating of nurses having their hair forcibly shaved off in order to 'protect' themselves in the hospital. Somehow the men are able to be protected while keeping their hair on.
- Videos are being circulated of people being stopped in the streets and chained up, paraded around.

And that's not to forget that if not for their silencing the doctor(s) who tried raising the alarm initially, it would all have been able to be contained before it grew into a pandemic of these proportions.

Meaning, you don't believe people should be quarantined at all. Because you believe quarantine is inherently inhumane.

You don't know what Italy will do if this spreads further.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:04 pm
We owe them a debt of gratitude for silencing the whistle blowers who tried warning everyone about this virus?

If they would have taken preventative measures at the outset, it wouldn't have grown to anywhere near these proportions, and these draconian measures wouldn't have been necessary.

Because you were privy to what China was doing to prevent the outbreak, before it became public knowledge.

Got it.

So can I ask you what the true numbers are, since you seem to know more inside information than the rest of us?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:05 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I’m assuming that this is a joke or you haven’t had time to read the horrific news reports from China.
May Hashem protect us all.

I have a wide enough perspective that I understand that they have been relatively successful in buying the rest of us a whole month, and maybe two months, to figure things out, and that that's worth a lot.

I know it's not really popular to say that, though...

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:06 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Meaning, you don't believe people should be quarantined at all. Because you believe quarantine is inherently inhumane.

You don't know what Italy will do if this spreads further.

Lol. I'm not going to respond since you clearly didn't bother reading my posts. Or bother reading up the news before coming to your own conclusions.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:15 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
It will be over May 24,
at 6:16am.

My birthday! How special.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:03 pm
Actually seems like unfortunately and tragically China kept the lid on the info about this virus getting out for some weeks -- so 5 million people were able to leave among other ways in which this virus seems to have spread before these lockdowns.
The whistleblowers were forcibly shut up and "disappeared" etc.
A G-dless country R"L.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:05 pm
Lol. I'm not going to respond since you clearly didn't bother reading my posts. Or bother reading up the news before coming to your own conclusions.

In fact I read your posts AND I read the news.
I do not, however, read conspiracy theorists' websites, or other unreliable websites.
You have not offered a viable alternative to quarantine.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:15 pm
I do not think anyone would say quarantines are unnecessary.

And many mainstream sources are understandably questioning China's statistics and info.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
In fact I read your posts AND I read the news.
I do not, however, read conspiracy theorists' websites, or other unreliable websites.
You have not offered a viable alternative to quarantine.

If you had read up on even ONE of the mainstream news sources, you would surely have read about the whistle blower who was forcibly silenced when he tried to raise the alarm about this virus when it first came out.

And I never said anywhere that there shouldn't be a quarantine, what a ridiculous takeaway. As I said, there's no point engaging with those who don't bother reading up the basic facts or others posts before debating.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I do not think anyone would say quarantines are unnecessary.

Any effective quarantine will need to be properly enforced.
Any quarantine which is properly enforced and affects millions will look much like China's.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:19 pm
If you had read up on even ONE of the mainstream news sources, you would surely have read about the whistle blower who was forcibly silenced when he tried to raise the alarm about this virus when it first came out.

As I said, there's no point engaging with those who don't bother reading up the facts before debating.

I read about that months ago, yes. Your point?

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I read about that months ago, yes. Your point?

My point? That China didn't buy us time as you keep repeating over and over. They created this pandemic by not stemming it at the outset.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 4:24 pm
My point? That China didn't buy us time as you keep repeating over and over. They created this pandemic by not stemming it at the outset.

Or they tried to stem it and failed.
Why would you tell someone something is wrong if in a few weeks you'll have set it right and it won't matter to them anyways?

At any rate this boils down to intent, which neither of us have proof for, so your guess is as good as mine.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics