Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening
What should I know about air plants?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:34 am
How hard are they to care for?

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:38 am
Just spray with water periodically

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:38 am
We also used to keep them in a shell, and full the shell with water

lilies

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:42 am
Do they need sunshine?

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:44 am
Get a spray bottle and set it to the finest mist. You don't want them waterlogged. Basically, you want them in a rain forest environment.

They like partial sunlight, but not direct light. If you have a window in the bathroom, they will thrive in the steamy environment. They like kitchens, too. They really don't like being near heating vents or fans.

Anything that will dry them out makes the tips of the leaves turn brown, and they may not revive no matter how long you soak them.

Give them names, and talk to them! "Hello George. How are you doing this morning? Do you need a misting?" LOL

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:45 am
lilies wrote:
Do they need sunshine?

Yes, but not a lot. Just put them wherever you would put any other plant in your house.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:34 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Get a spray bottle and set it to the finest mist. You don't want them waterlogged. Basically, you want them in a rain forest environment.

They like partial sunlight, but not direct light. If you have a window in the bathroom, they will thrive in the steamy environment. They like kitchens, too. They really don't like being near heating vents or fans.

Anything that will dry them out makes the tips of the leaves turn brown, and they may not revive no matter how long you soak them.

Give them names, and talk to them! "Hello George. How are you doing this morning? Do you need a misting?" LOL

Sounds like my husband lol (he has eczemah

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Sounds like my husband lol (he has eczemah

My ex was like a ficus tree. He was fussy, demanded a lot of attention, and dropped his leaves everywhere. LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:29 am
What species would you recommend? And how do you display them?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 18 2020, 10:30 am
Also, I've heard that where you buy the plant makes a difference, because some sellers handle their plants wrong and the damage doesn't show right away. Is that true?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Gardening