Home

What life wisdom has age and life experience taught you?
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Periwinkle
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:09 pm
Act "as if."

Your kids learn values from watching you, not listening to what you say.
Back to top

lilies




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:34 pm
Women's intuition is always right. Trust yourself. If you smell smoke there IS fire.
Back to top

exaustedmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:41 pm
Cherish your parents. Share with them the nachas. Tell them how much you appreciate them. They won't be around forever

Don't be afraid to give compliments. You never know whose day you just made better

Be a kind, good person. At the end of the day that is all that matters.

Put your husband first. Love him fiercely. Your children will thank you.

Have a relationship with Hashem. Talk to him throughout the day. Thank him. Ask him. Praise him. Your life will be infinitely better for it.
Back to top

amother




Blush
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:46 pm
Be the best u that u can be!
Be you!
Dont care what others think, say to u or about u, do what u do, wear what u wear, say what u say cuz u know its rite not becuz of the pressure of everyone around u!
Back to top

daagahminayin




 
 
 
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 7:52 pm
You don’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.
Back to top

amother




Ginger
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:24 pm
Try to be compassionate.

Everyone is fighting their own little wars. Everyone is struggling one way or another.
Back to top

amother




Floralwhite
 

Post  Tue, Feb 18 2020, 8:33 pm
1)Believe the lashon hara that people say about themselves - they know themselves best.
2) Having a choice, pick whatever makes you stress less.
3) Take your health seriously
Back to top

amother




Gray
 

Post  Wed, Feb 19 2020, 5:30 am
Ooh boy. I have a few. 51, BH, mother to some spectacular souls:

* We're in galus. Things aren't perfect. They can't be perfect. Accept what is and daven for better.
* Aim for the top of the tree and you'll land on a high branch.
* You don't need to be Gd. He's already got the job.
* Being kind beats being right. Usually.
* Don't do resentment and irritation - deal with the situation proactively and sort it out.
* Hashem doesn't bring you across the ocean to beat you up on the beach.

Anon as anyone who knows me, knows I'm always saying these things Smile
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:08 am
exaustedmom wrote:
Cherish your parents. Share with them the nachas. Tell them how much you appreciate them. They won't be around forever

Don't be afraid to give compliments. You never know whose day you just made better

Be a kind, good person. At the end of the day that is all that matters.

Put your husband first. Love him fiercely. Your children will thank you.

Have a relationship with Hashem. Talk to him throughout the day. Thank him. Ask him. Praise him. Your life will be infinitely better for it.


I am in my 60's. I would like to add that my biggest regret in life is having raised my voice at my mother and my children.

Unrelated: Don't do things for people if there's a good chance you'll be resentful later. It's so much healthier for everyone if you learn to say, "I have another commitment so I can't do it". Sadly, I haven't completely conquered this yet and so I tend to avoid people who I perceive as inconsiderate (or haven't learned to read my mind yet ; ) ).
Back to top

tf




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 4:19 am
At the end of the day it's just you and Hashem. All people, societies and situations are there to strengthen (or weaken ch"v) our relationship with Hashem. Nothing ever matters, only His Essence.

Your body is the only one that never lies to you. Trust your gut.
Back to top

tf




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 4:24 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Ooh boy. I have a few. 51, BH, mother to some spectacular souls:

* We're in galus. Things aren't perfect. They can't be perfect. Accept what is and daven for better.
* Aim for the top of the tree and you'll land on a high branch.
* You don't need to be Gd. He's already got the job.
* Being kind beats being right. Usually.
* Don't do resentment and irritation - deal with the situation proactively and sort it out.
* Hashem doesn't bring you across the ocean to beat you up on the beach.

Anon as anyone who knows me, knows I'm always saying these things Smile

All are true. The one I like best is "Hashem doesn't bring you across the ocean to beat you up on the beach ".
Back to top

amother




Mistyrose
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 6:37 am
I had a friend who had depression.
I tried to be her Rabbi, therapist and mother. The friendship blew up.
Now I'm not her Rabbi, therapist, mom... or even friend.

I learned the importance of playing my own role in a relationship.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 6:45 am
Live in the moment even if the moment is hard because life speeds past and someday we might even miss those moments we thought were hard...
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 6:51 am
As a grandmother, I say that one of the best things that you can do for your child is to impart skills. While they may learn to do things on their own, sometimes the ability to manage in adulthood is the result of being taught those skills as children. I wish that I had done for my children what my parents did for me as far as making sure that I had certain skills.
Back to top

Emotional




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 7:03 am
southernbubby wrote:
As a grandmother, I say that one of the best things that you can do for your child is to impart skills. While they may learn to do things on their own, sometimes the ability to manage in adulthood is the result of being taught those skills as children. I wish that I had done for my children what my parents did for me as far as making sure that I had certain skills.

Southernbubby, can you elaborate with specifics? Managing in adulthood practically or emotionally? What kind of skills?
Back to top

GreenEyes26




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 7:21 am
The older I get, the more I understand that nothing in this world is black and white.

Also, I give less and less f*cks every day 😂
Back to top

lilly_de




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 7:24 am
Don't forget to tell your loved ones that you love/miss them during their lifetime. It's sad when they are gone without knowing how important they are for us.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Quarantine Has Taught Me... 6 Today at 12:06 pm View last post
Health care worker speaks out of experience
by amother
1 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 1:53 am View last post
Anyone have experience with asthma and covid-19?
by amother
7 Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:30 pm View last post
If a drug is concocted, will life just resume?
by amother
2 Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:21 pm View last post
Anyone have experience with EBM wigs, China? 24 Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:08 pm View last post

Jump to: