Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Instant pot vs Electric Pressure cooker?

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:07 pm
Can anyone suggest the difference between the Instant pot vs a Pressure cooker (a brand such as the Farberware 6 in 1 programmable...).

I've been doing my research but other than maybe boiling eggs, making yogurt or cakes (& maybe slow cooking?) all of which I'm not really interested in, I'm more interested in browning meats/onions soups stew roasts etc, I wasn't sure if an electric Pressure cooker is just as useful.
I currently see a 6 qt $50 Pressure cooker on sale, wheras from the same store, a 6qt instant pots going for $80.

Thanks for any info!

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:12 pm
INSTANT POT(R) is a brand name of electric pressure cooker. Its generally known to be a high end, quality, safe product.

There are other electric pressure cookers on the market. You'd have to research their safety and reliability.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:14 pm
I think that Instant Pot is the original electric pressure cooker, and is supposed to be the best.

Something you can do is compare warranties. If the cheaper one has a one year warranty, and the more expensive one has a 3 year warranty, get the more expensive one. Not only do you have better coverage in case it breaks, but it means that the company is very confident in it's level of quality and durability.

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:15 pm
Ha, it's the same thing, that's funny, thank you
so much for clarifying.

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:21 pm
Thanks for the replies, this was helpful too:
https://missvickie.com/farberw.....-pot/

Grateful2bhere

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 2:39 pm
I've liked making potato kugels in my slow cooker.
Does anyone have experience with this in a pressure cooker, perhaps on the slow cooker setting?
Also, I'm thinking about the 6qt. Is it quite heavy? In smaller kitchens where there's some space limitation, I'm just curious people's experience with this in terms of storage & mobility.
Finally, does anybody have experience cooking a whole chicken in theirs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars