Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What MM are you giving teachers/rebbes/rav?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 5:16 pm
How fancy or big do you go? Do you include a check? How much?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 5:18 pm
I usually put something nice together- a gift, a candy platter, a small alcohol plus a check but this year I actually ordered a small $18 MM from waterdale collection. It has all 3 components and is probably cheaper then me doing it myself. Just a bit more simpler but still chashuv. I have no time to start patchking....

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 5:19 pm
Yachad gifts.com

chocolatecake

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 10:42 pm
I give a bottle of wine and chocolates. I don’t wrap fancy I just put in nice paper bag. Sometimes I give a check somewhere between 18 to 50.

chasdie Hashem

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 11:03 pm
All they need is. $$$$$$
Can add smll chocolate:)
Think that’s considered 2 minim

iammom

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 11:04 pm
How much money is the norm? We gave a nice check Chanuka time...

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:01 am
I only have girls in school so far so I don't know what is done for rebbies yet. The school arranges m"m for all the teachers. It's an easy online form to fill out. You check off the names of whoever you want to send to and they add your name to the list. It costs $3.50 per name. You can also just pay a flat fee of $75 and send to everyone, which includes administrators, secretaries, and specialty staff besides for the teachers. Obviously this is a fundraiser for the school but it's a win-win for everyone. The teachers get a really nice m"m instead of lots of junk right before Pesach and the parents don't have to make themselves crazy putting together extra m"m and running all over town to deliver them.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:50 am
For teachers I am giving same as everyone matching to kids costume + nice card as thank you & tying in the words with the mm. I will slip an envelope with $ into box. I didn't give Chanuka Gelt.

For rebbes. A wine in a wine paper bag with check & card. They also didn't get Chanuka.

Main part they need is the check they don't need a huge basket with junk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics