Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nose job

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:37 pm
My daughter would like to enhance her nose . Can anyone guide me to a competent plastic surgeon in NY, and tell me about their experiences?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 7:56 pm
Montefiore in the Bronx

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 8:17 pm
On day three her nose would not stop bleeding and rushed to the hospital

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 10:37 pm
I had my nose fixed. It was long and had a "hook."

Some points:

1. My parents did zero research. They just chose a top ENT in Manhattan. As a result, my nose hook was straightened but its still long. He was far from an "artist", he just straightened the septum. Its upsetting because so much money and pain wouldve been nice to have a beautiful nose.

2. Despite it being pretty long, my nose is soooooo much better. I strongly support the idea of nose jobs. When I see a woman with a long hooked nose I feel like telling her, you dont have to suffer!

3. It was a lot harder than I thought. The recovery was pretty brutal. Now that I know what I know, I'd be terrified to go thrugh with it again.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 19 2020, 11:39 pm
Thx for your replies.
I guess the pain is the thing to consider most .

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:09 am
I haven't had one but from what I've read there is considerable and obvious bruising for several weeks. Like, she probably won't want to leave the house during that time. So probably not a good idea to do during the school year....

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:52 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I haven't had one but from what I've read there is considerable and obvious bruising for several weeks. Like, she probably won't want to leave the house during that time. So probably not a good idea to do during the school year....

You’re also required to stay out of the sun for a year.
I had it done to fix a structural issue and the recovery was not a walk in the park, but my nose looks great now!! I recommend Dr. Jon Turk in NYC.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 8:24 am
If you have a deveated spectrum you might get it fixed for free with insurance my daughter was not told to stay out of the sun

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 10:01 am
I had mine done more than 30 years ago and nobody told me to stay out of the sun for a year, I had no pain (they gave mild painkillers for first couple days) and bruising was gone completely w/I a week. Swelling took another week to be 100% down. Very positive experience.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 10:20 am
Thx !

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:14 pm
Dr Nicolas Tabbal in NYC.

I went from ugly to really beautiful.

It was the best thing I ever did.

I got married the following year.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:04 pm
The recovery is really awful.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:20 pm
Mine was not painful at all. He's one of the only doctors that doesn't "pack" the nose to keep its shape - so I could breathe from my nose within a day or so. Just looking in the mirror was an absolute dream come true.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Mine was not painful at all. He's one of the only doctors that doesn't "pack" the nose to keep its shape - so I could breathe from my nose within a day or so. Just looking in the mirror was an absolute dream come true.

I posted above about my experience 30 years ago. I had no packing. I assumed by now that was standard but I guess not. YES, OP, look for someone that does no packing!
I had no bandages/ dressings to change and no stitches to remove (they were the type that melt/ dissolve).
How unfortunate that other posters saw it as a difficult recovery. I've had dental work more difficult than this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics