Home

Brooklyn high school acceptance letter
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Seashell
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 12:34 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
You said that BYA got permission to give out acceptance letters to students who applied to Prospect and Manhattan HS. It means BYA HS sent the out earlier, to be on the same timeline as other non Vaad schools?

How come Prospect got out of the Vaad, any idea?


I don’t know why they opted out, but from what I hear Prospect is one of the most (if not the most) accepting of girls who are rejected by the other mainstream Brooklyn BY high schools.
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
You said that BYA got permission to give out acceptance letters to students who applied to Prospect and Manhattan HS. It means BYA HS sent the out earlier, to be on the same timeline as other non Vaad schools?

How come Prospect got out of the Vaad, any idea?

BYA HS only sent out earlier acceptance letters to those applicants that also applied to non Vaad schools.

PPY didn't get out. They never agreed to join.
Back to top

amother




Mauve
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
What's with Machon? The article says they were part of Vaad, although this year they didn't have 9th grade. Are they having 9th grade next year?

Machon is closing. They won’t have a 9th grade next year, 10th grade the year after....
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Machon is closing. They won’t have a 9th grade next year, 10th grade the year after....

They don't have a 9th grade this year. Next year they won't have a 10th grade.
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:41 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
BYA HS only sent out earlier acceptance letters to those applicants that also applied to non Vaad schools.

PPY didn't get out. They never agreed to join.

How is that possible?
The article states that its principals were present at the meeting?
Back to top

amother




Orchid
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
How is that possible?
The article states that its principals were present at the meeting?


Read the article.

"The initial meeting to discuss this proposal was held on June 6... ....Most but not all of the schools agreed to accept this new system..."
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Manicure and waxing in brooklyn
by ladYdI
2 Today at 12:34 am View last post
Grab N Go Meals in Brooklyn
by amother
38 Today at 12:25 am View last post
Clothing donation in brooklyn 0 Yesterday at 10:23 pm View last post
Dishwasher recommendations UPDATE Brooklyn 15 Yesterday at 10:22 pm View last post
Dye Hair in Brooklyn
by amother
13 Yesterday at 8:11 pm View last post

Jump to: