Home

Please help me start a doona gemach

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:04 pm
Hi all!
I want to start a doona gemach. The basics is that I have a doona to lend out for short term. Meaning your flying somewhere and would enjoy the convenience of a doona or you have a lot of appts and would benefit from the convenience etc. what do I need to know?
Should I write up a type of contract?
Do I need to worry about protecting myself in case Chas vshalom something happens and I could be sued??
I appreciate all help and advice!
Thanks!
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:39 pm
I really don't think that this gemach makes much sense, and you can end up with issues (I.e. second hand car seats have safety concerns). I am a big believer in MYOB, but figured I'd let you know that as a friend I'd strongly advise against this. I can't see there being a significant need for this type of gemach.
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:48 pm
Certainly some kind of contract stating the period of time it is being lent out for, at the very minimum. And maybe a deposit.

People aren't so careful with gemach stuff as they are with their own. Normal wear and tear happens, and sometimes more serious accidents happen. How are you planning for maintenance? You probably need something to cover you in case of accidents, but you also need to check it carefully each time someone returns it, to be sure that it is still in safe condition.
Back to top

amother




Magenta
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:50 pm
I think the doona will get abused too fast for a gemach to be sustainable.
Back to top

amother




Bisque
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:20 pm
there is definitely something to this affect in the tristate area - not sure where though
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 4:50 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Certainly some kind of contract stating the period of time it is being lent out for, at the very minimum. And maybe a deposit.

People aren't so careful with gemach stuff as they are with their own. Normal wear and tear happens, and sometimes more serious accidents happen. How are you planning for maintenance? You probably need something to cover you in case of accidents, but you also need to check it carefully each time someone returns it, to be sure that it is still in safe condition.


Right very true.. I live in a yeshiva community. Would right now be open to the yeshiva families... mb I would start like that?
I’m doing it as a zechus for someone.. I really want it to work!
Back to top

amother




Natural
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:48 pm
Here is the NY gemach list. Try calling existing gemachs and ask them how to start yours, I am sure most people would be happy to share. Also, consider speaking to an attorney to draft some kind of contract that would release you from liability and will spell out conditions of borrowing. When people are returning car seats, you have to ask if car seats were present in any type of accident. Tizku'le mitzvos!

Baby Equipment

Baby Carriers

Infant and toddlers available. Deposit returned.

Call: (718) 336-0212

Baby Scales in Williamsburg

Call: (718) 599-5508

Baby Infant Digital Scales

Call Braun at: (718) 915-6612

Bassinet Gemach

Call: (347) 228-9222 (Boro Park)

Bili Blanket Gemach

Jaundice lowering electrical medical blanket.

Call 10 am-5 pm: (718) 851-2500 ext. 5 or (718) 437-8831

Bubby’s Car Seat Gemach

Short-term car seat gemach perfect for picking up grandchildren at airport or over Yom Tov.

Call C. S. Fogel at: (718) 338-1676 (evenings)

Chasdei Chaim Car Seat Gemach

Boro Park call: (917) 468-7557

Williamsburg call: (718) 384-4622

Doona Gemach

If you need a doona for a short period of time.

Call: (845) 548-6673 (Ocean parkway & Foster) or (260) 366-6293

Gemach Keren Eta Rashi

Porta-cribs for newborns. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 382-5592

Keren Memalei

Will find someone who can use your crib, swing, playpen, etc.

Call Mrs. Loeb at: (718) 377-3810

Pack ‘N Play Gemach

For short-term use. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 851-6304

Playpen Gemach

Call (718) 963-3328 or (718) 858-2935 (Williamsburg)

Sorala’s Baby Gemach

Digital baby scales, nursing pumps, pack‘n plays, booster chairs, snap and go, baby bath tubs and more. For short-term use. Refundable deposit required.

Call: (347) 201-BABY and leave a clear message.

Text for appointment: (978) 563-9528

Zichron Aharon Tzvi Yehuda v’ Chaya Rochel – Boro Park Baby Gemach

Pack ‘n Plays, bassinets, car seats, snap ‘n go’s. No charge, cash deposit, 6 weeks.

Call: (718) 854-6829

Gemach Zichron Gedalya

Car, infant, and booster seats lent for 2 weeks. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 438-5451
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:31 pm
Call the existing doona gemach in Flatbush for advice.
I rented a doona there and I know many people who did as well.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Here is the NY gemach list. Try calling existing gemachs and ask them how to start yours, I am sure most people would be happy to share. Also, consider speaking to an attorney to draft some kind of contract that would release you from liability and will spell out conditions of borrowing. When people are returning car seats, you have to ask if car seats were present in any type of accident. Tizku'le mitzvos!

Baby Equipment

Baby Carriers

Infant and toddlers available. Deposit returned.

Call: (718) 336-0212

Baby Scales in Williamsburg

Call: (718) 599-5508

Baby Infant Digital Scales

Call Braun at: (718) 915-6612

Bassinet Gemach

Call: (347) 228-9222 (Boro Park)

Bili Blanket Gemach

Jaundice lowering electrical medical blanket.

Call 10 am-5 pm: (718) 851-2500 ext. 5 or (718) 437-8831

Bubby’s Car Seat Gemach

Short-term car seat gemach perfect for picking up grandchildren at airport or over Yom Tov.

Call C. S. Fogel at: (718) 338-1676 (evenings)

Chasdei Chaim Car Seat Gemach

Boro Park call: (917) 468-7557

Williamsburg call: (718) 384-4622

Doona Gemach

If you need a doona for a short period of time.

Call: (845) 548-6673 (Ocean parkway & Foster) or (260) 366-6293

Gemach Keren Eta Rashi

Porta-cribs for newborns. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 382-5592

Keren Memalei

Will find someone who can use your crib, swing, playpen, etc.

Call Mrs. Loeb at: (718) 377-3810

Pack ‘N Play Gemach

For short-term use. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 851-6304

Playpen Gemach

Call (718) 963-3328 or (718) 858-2935 (Williamsburg)

Sorala’s Baby Gemach

Digital baby scales, nursing pumps, pack‘n plays, booster chairs, snap and go, baby bath tubs and more. For short-term use. Refundable deposit required.

Call: (347) 201-BABY and leave a clear message.

Text for appointment: (978) 563-9528

Zichron Aharon Tzvi Yehuda v’ Chaya Rochel – Boro Park Baby Gemach

Pack ‘n Plays, bassinets, car seats, snap ‘n go’s. No charge, cash deposit, 6 weeks.

Call: (718) 854-6829

Gemach Zichron Gedalya

Car, infant, and booster seats lent for 2 weeks. $20 deposit.

Call: (718) 438-5451


WOW!!! This is amazing thank you so much!!
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Call the existing doona gemach in Flatbush for advice.
I rented a doona there and I know many people who did as well.


Ty!
What did you have to do when borrowing it?
Leave a deposit?
Sign any kind of contract?
Back to top

Just One




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Feb 21 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty!
What did you have to do when borrowing it?
Leave a deposit?
Sign any kind of contract?

I used them too. No contact. Payment was one of two ways:
1) rent for $25 /wk
2) if child has a medical condition they give it for free one month at a time with $100 deposit which is returned once doona is brought back in good condition
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Gemachs

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Help! How do I get food to my inlaws safely?
by amother
0 Today at 4:02 pm View last post
Unemployment- PLZ HELP
by amother
3 Today at 2:59 pm View last post
Who still has matzah??? Please help 13 Today at 12:12 pm View last post
Help me from eating my way through this crisis
by amother
13 Yesterday at 11:53 pm View last post
Tosh Chassidim Montreal ask for help to enforce quarantine 👍
by amother
0 Mon, Mar 30 2020, 8:55 pm View last post

Jump to: