Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Help me make chicken with TJ's umami seasoning

anonymrs

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:20 pm
I once saw a post here about Trader Joe's umami seasoning. It sounded interesting and I just bought it. Help me use it to make chicken. Thanks!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:25 pm
This is inspired by a KBD recipe.
Heat a few spoons of oil. Add a Tbsp.ish of mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add a bunch of sliced onions, like 1-2 large ones for every 8 pieces. (You can add sliced mushrooms.) After they're soft, add about 1/2 c. white wine and cook till it reduces slightly.
Drizzle white wine over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle umami and mustard seed generously over the chicken. Spread the onions over the chicken. Bake.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 3:25 pm
anonymrs wrote:
I once saw a post here about Trader Joe's umami seasoning. It sounded interesting and I just bought it. Help me use it to make chicken. Thanks!

I was kind of disappointed with it after I heard all the great reviews and was expecting something great. It’s very, very salty. You can drizzle chicken with olive oil, sprinkle with umami and other spices and bake.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics