Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Flooring help needed, please :)
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 11:50 pm
Engineered hardwood. I love it. The only reason I went for the engineered over the regular hardwood is because I live in FL and I was told by a few people that the humidity here is very hard on the floors the the engineered would wear better. So far 3 yrs and it looks great.
PLUS: Gorgeous and a softer surface that ceramic or marble tile floors.
MINUS: Felt on the bottom of everything. I'm very protective of it.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for all of the responses! Wondering if anyone has luxury vinyl and isn't happy with it? Are some brands better than others?

Definitely. Depends on the thickness of the coating. Ask at the store; they'll guide you with the ones they have best experiences with.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are some brands better than others?

I would have a look at Amtico. UK-based, it's sold in the States as Mannington Commercial.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:53 am
I would suggest going to Houzz.com and seeking advice on their forum. They have a flooring forum as well as remodeling, design dilemma forums. Design Dilemma is the most active.

The advantage to asking questions on that webpage is they have a larger number of people who have specific experience with every kind of issue. There are also pros who offer insight on the threads as well.

With all due respect to the ladies of ima, we are a limited bunch in terms of expertise in this area compared to that website. There is no special "kosher" knowledge for flooring LOL

When I was planning my remodel and during the actual remodel, I spent a lot of time there reading and asking questions. The advice I got and what I learned from just reading was incredibly helpful and led me to better decisions as well as avoiding mistakes. In terms of flooring, I learned how engineered flooring is constructed and how to judge the quality based on the manufacturer's structure.

While I think that sales people can be helpful, I also believe that the best consumer is an educated consumer so when I make an expensive purchase of any kind, I want to know as much as possible about the product so that I can ask intelligent questions as well as evaluate the responses of the sales person. While I can't say this is foolproof, it has, I think, helped me a lot in terms of my major purchases.

There are a LOT of threads there on the best type of flooring including pros and cons of LVP versus other types of flooring.

Here's a link to the specific forum on flooring. There is also a search engine which can search based on LVP, engineered flooring etc. Just choose "advice" which is the forums to get results from the user forums

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/flooring

Discussions on LVP

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/query/lvp

Discussions on engineered wood

https://www.houzz.com/discussi.....-wood

saralem

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:57 am
I have mostly wood floors but put luxury vinyl plank in the kitchen. I like it very much and I never worry about spills.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics