Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Anti aging cream
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 3:06 pm
Hi I'm 30 years old and live a very stressful life, work long hours, and still financially struggling, a number of kids close in age etc. I'm noticing that that I'm starting to get quite a few wrinkles on my face, and definitely do not look my age. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a moisturiser or something to stop my face ageing like it seems to be. I also suffer a little bit from acne and don't react well to many moisturisers because they cause pimples. I would be really grateful if anyone has had good experience with a particular anti - ageing cream/ointment that they could recommend? thanx in advance!

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 7:30 pm
I'm 43 with nary a wrinkle or fine line bh, and my life is pretty high strung! I've been using oil of olay anti aging face wash in the shower and st. ives facial moisturizer with collagen immediately when out of shower for the past 25 years! I guess I can vouch for those two products.

MiriFr

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 8:41 pm
SUNSCREEN.
You can't reverse aging (so sorry!!! I know. It sucks). But you can slow it! You must must must must use sunscreen. Not a moisturizer with sunscreen. You need STRAIGHT. SUNSCREEN. This is not a joke. 95% of wrinkles are caused by sun damage.
You also need a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and elastic.
Also, try to be in control of your facial muscles. Obviously, don't knock out all expression from your face, but don't over-express. Be aware of your eyebrows and corners of your mouth.

rosegold

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 8:59 pm
Pm me for a great recommendation

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 9:25 pm
Renova (needs prescription)

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 9:30 pm
my mom just passed at age 81 with hardly no wrinkled she put on sunscreen so thickly she looked white

Amarante

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 9:36 pm
As others have posted, sunscreen is the most important anti-wrinkling tool you can use. Get a high quality brand and apply it often. Compare your skin which has never been exposed to sun.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for a moisturizer with gimmicky ingredients because the high cost of cosmetics is based on packing, marketing, promotion and what the company thinks people will pay for the product.

There is no "magic" ingredient sold over the counter that will prevent wrinkles - except sunscreen.

I subscribe to some beauty boxes and so I've tried a LOT of products including some very expensive stuff - e.g. the stuff that sells for $150 for a container. In my opinion, they all basically work the same although your personal taste might have preferences. I don't have particularly dry skin so I prefer a lighter type of moisturizer.

The Ordinary is an inexpensive very high quality brand which makes a LOT of different types of products suitable for almost anyone's skin care regime.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 9:49 pm
I believe that Clinique Turnaround moisturizer is oil free

Otherwise, Clinique Moisture Surge moisturizer is oil free

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 22 2020, 11:29 pm
Amarante wrote:
As others have posted, sunscreen is the most important anti-wrinkling tool you can use. Get a high quality brand and apply it often. Compare your skin which has never been exposed to sun.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for a moisturizer with gimmicky ingredients because the high cost of cosmetics is based on packing, marketing, promotion and what the company thinks people will pay for the product.

There is no "magic" ingredient sold over the counter that will prevent wrinkles - except sunscreen.

I subscribe to some beauty boxes and so I've tried a LOT of products including some very expensive stuff - e.g. the stuff that sells for $150 for a container. In my opinion, they all basically work the same although your personal taste might have preferences. I don't have particularly dry skin so I prefer a lighter type of moisturizer.

The Ordinary is an inexpensive very high quality brand which makes a LOT of different types of products suitable for almost anyone's skin care regime.

Does the Ordinary brand sell just sunscreen?
For those of you who say apply sunscreen very ofen, when is it applied? Before moisturizer? After? Before serum ? After? What about after makeup? I can’t imagine putting makeup on my & then the last layer would be sunscreen?
& apply several times per day?
Like, on top of makeup?
Thanks for educating me !

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:22 am
YES to the ordinary! My sunscreen goes on after my moisturizer (ok I cheat my sunscreen and moisturizer are combined. La roche posay) every single day except shabbos no matter how cloudy cold and rainy.
Then goes makeup.
(I keep a moisturizing sunscreen in the car and will reapply later in the day sometimes when I remember, on top of whatever leftover makeup is on my face)
I use ordinary retinol at night after my shower, and want to start alternating it with a good vitamin C. I think that’ll be enough to do the trick, and also simple enough to keep up with.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:26 am
Any moisturizer, any retinol.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 1:26 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Does the Ordinary brand sell just sunscreen?

Yes, but they are unfortunately often out of stock.

abound

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 3:12 am
can you post a link to the sunscreen that is good. Thanks

MiriFr

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:52 am
abound wrote:

Sunscreen tends to be trial and error. My favorite one is Neutrogena healthy defense

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:32 am
abound wrote:

Any sunscreen from a reputable company with a high SPF is "good".

As others have posted, personal preference enters into it as they can vary in terms of how they feel on your face and how you like applying. The less expensive drugstore brands will offer just as much protection as the expensive brands.

I had a type that applied like powder which was handy if I was out for a long period of time.

Here's a list with prices from cheap to very expensive.

https://www.allure.com/gallery.....reens

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:50 am
abound wrote:

I love this one. https://m.sephora.com/product/.....w_wcB Great for my sensitive, dry, yet acne prone skin. Like many sunscreens. it goes on a little whitish initially, but doesn't show at all under make up.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi I'm 30 years old and live a very stressful life, work long hours, and still financially struggling, a number of kids close in age etc. I'm noticing that that I'm starting to get quite a few wrinkles on my face, and definitely do not look my age. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a moisturiser or something to stop my face ageing like it seems to be. I also suffer a little bit from acne and don't react well to many moisturisers because they cause pimples. I would be really grateful if anyone has had good experience with a particular anti - ageing cream/ointment that they could recommend? thanx in advance!

Moisturize every morning and every evening after washing your face. Use sensitive skin oil free Neutrogena moisturizer. Use foundation on top of that that has SPF.

little neshamala

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:54 am
Search for jojoba oil here on imamother. Frantic frummie recommended it, and a lot of us have gone crazy over it

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 9:55 am
little neshamala wrote:
Search for jojoba oil here on imamother. Frantic frummie recommended it, and a lot of us have gone crazy over it

It was terrible for my acne. I don't recommend it for OP who suffers from acne.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 10:05 am
ra_mom wrote:
Moisturize every morning and every evening after washing your face. Use sensitive skin oil free Neutrogena moisturizer. Use foundation on top of that that has SPF.

👍👍
This is great! But I hope you're also using sunscreen together with all this! The SPF in foundation is not enough on it's own. You gotta lather, baby
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics