Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is your dh into these things?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:04 am
Politics, trump, the news, ect. or he doesnt care about these things and never talks about them?

Fabulous

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:05 am
Totally. But then so am I 😂

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:08 am
He does I’m not interested

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:36 am
DH is soooooooo into politics, I could scream! He can debate points ad nauseam and all I'm thinking is who even cares? Obviously educate yourself on different positions so you can vote appropriately, but MOVE ON! (Can you hear my frustration in the all caps??)
But.
If its important to him, then I make it somewhat important to me. I listen while he talks about who said what and how the other responded and whether this move will make or break the future of the country. I act interested and ask appropriate questions because if it's important to him, by extension it becomes important to me.
(Same way I appreciate him listening to me and acting interested in my debating the merits of what to wear)

trixx

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 6:37 am
He is, I'm not, so what? It's personality so the same differences come up in other areas.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:02 am
trixx wrote:
He is, I'm not, so what? It's personality so the same differences come up in other areas.

Same here

Ravenclaw

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:03 am
He’s not interested, I am.

Einikel

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
He does I’m not interested

Same. But I’m somewhat interested and he doesn’t discuss that much with me because he discusses it with his friends and brothers,

pause

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:08 am
Don't you love these men who think they can solve all the world's problems if only they'd be president...?

Frumme

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:15 am
DH doesn't usually talk about politics. On occasion he will (like with my father since my father is really into politics). Otherwise, I think he enjoys other topics much, much more.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 7:57 am
DH just went to NH for primary night parties, and met both Warren and Bernie (who refused to autograph his campaign sign for DC!), not that he agrees with their politics at all, just that he enjoys the whole scene, and NH is a lot closer than Iowa. Smile

Four years ago he went there and said that Jeb Bush was finished as his party was dead, while Trump had a bright future as his passionate crowd exceeded the fire marshal's maximum # for the venue.

So yes, I think it's safe to see that DH is a real hardcore political junkie! Smile

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
DH just went to NH for primary night parties, and met both Warren and Bernie (who refused to autograph his campaign sign for DC!), not that he agrees with their politics at all, just that he enjoys the whole scene, and NH is a lot closer than Iowa. Smile

Four years ago he went there and said that Jeb Bush was finished as his party was dead, while Trump had a bright future as his passionate crowd exceeded the fire marshal's maximum # for the venue.

So yes, I think it's safe to see that DH is a real hardcore political junkie! Smile

He should run for local office. We can always use knowledgable frum politicians.

Yes, dh is VERY into it. Knows every statistic and afaik his predictions are always on point.

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 8:21 am
Yes, he's a news editor so he always has to be on top of it! However, like me, he finds the current state of affairs to be more depressing than anything else.

r_ch

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:46 am
Oh yes he is. He is my window to the world although I don't care much.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:19 pm
Yes. But I usually have no interest. He is able to answer my questions though because he keeps himself informed while I don’t .

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 12:39 pm
I wonder if the answers would change if this was asked in the politics forum and again if only people who blocked the politics forum answered.

Reality

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 2:40 pm
My DH lives and breathes politics!

etg

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 5:19 am
My husband is a news nerd, and I'm not. It actually blows his mind how these VITAL THINGS THAT COULD CHANGE HISTORY AND OUR LIVES FOREVER don't interest me in the slightest...

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 5:22 am
DH and me are both so not into politics.
I almost don't know the difference between a Democrat and Republican.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:05 am
My DH couldn't care less about day to day political issues, and neither do I. However we have very different general political philosophies. He is way Left and I am exactly the opposite. So when we do discuss issues, it gets interesting.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics