Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Wanna Lose Hundred Pounds. Fast
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:08 pm
I’m right there with you.
Hate to say it, but serious considering surgery
I don’t want to be like this anymore.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:53 pm
You can lose weight fast, but you will then likely gain it back fast. You also may develop potentially life threatening health issues as a result of it.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:55 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
You also may develop potentially life threatening health issues as a result of it.

Like?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Feb 23 2020, 11:56 pm
You need a calorie deficit to lose weight.

Eat well, eat protein because it's filling and that will curb your sugar cravings.

Exercise, it's healthy and you will be using the carbs you eat.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:00 am
So go and do the surgery already!
What’s holding you back?!
Been there done that and it’s the best thing ever!!

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:00 am
I would recommend trying Intermittent Fasting. There is a lot of information about it online and on Youtube.

The way I did it was I ate only during an 8-hour period (I ate between 12:00 pm and 8:00 pm) and fasted for 16 hours. I lost 30 pounds in 1.5 months.

While you fast for the 16 hours, you can drink water, tea, etc. During the 8-hour period, you only eat 2 meals. It's very important to eat the healthy amount of calories (between 1500-2000, depending on your height/age), but you only eat 2 meals. No snacking. All your calories are distributed between the 2 meals.

It's about keeping your insulin levels low by not snacking a lot through the day. That will help you lose weight and keep it off. It will be hard at first to fast until 12:00 pm (or whenever you decide for your 8-hour period to start) but it will be so worth it and it will get easier very quickly.

It really worked for me. Good luck

Edit: Here's the book I read that really helped me understand Intermittent Fasting and its benefits. The Complete Guide to Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:06 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I would recommend trying Intermittent Fasting. There is a lot of information about it online and on Youtube.

The way I did it was I ate only during an 8-hour period (I ate between 12:00 pm and 8:00 pm) and fasted for 16 hours. I lost 30 pounds in 1.5 months.

While you fast for the 16 hours, you can drink water, tea, etc. During the 8-hour period, you only eat 2 meals. It's very important to eat the healthy amount of calories (between 1500-2000, depending on your height/age), but you only eat 2 meals. No snacking. All your calories are distributed between the 2 meals.

It's about keeping your insulin levels low by not snacking a lot through the day. That will help you lose weight and keep it off. It will be hard at first to fast until 12:00 pm (or whenever you decide for your 8-hour period to start) but it will be so worth it and it will get easier very quickly.

It really worked for me. Good luck

Are you still doing intermittant fasting?
If not, did you regain?

Did you do low carb for your two meals?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:13 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Are you still doing intermittant fasting?
If not, did you regain?

Did you do low carb for your two meals?

I did not do low carb. I ate healthily, but part of IF is that you can indulge in certain foods and then "balance it out" by fasting more.

I stopped doing it for a few months and did regain the weight because my insulin levels were being increased again like they were before I started the fasting diet. I have since gone back to IF and I lost weight again.

IF has to be a way of life, it is definitely a lifestyle change but it's really worth it. The book I linked above talks about not only the physical health benefits of IF, but the cognitive and emotional benefits too.

The thing about IF also is that it is flexible. You can have days that you don't follow the timeline but as long as you go back to it and stick to it for the majority of the time, you're fine.

Edit: Also, in case anyone wants to look up the specifics, the type of Intermittent Fasting I'm talking about is called 16/8 Intermittent Fasting

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:16 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I felt like you. Was very overweight, tried everything and couldn’t handle anymore. I’m ten months post gastric bypass, 100 lbs down and counting. It’s not a quick fix, it’s hard work and I can honestly say I’ve never worked harder in my life. But it was the best best decision I’ve ever made for myself.

How was recovery from the surgery? Very painful?

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:33 am
htb wrote:
You know carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy, right? And that it would be incredibly difficult to cut out all carbs (not sugars)?

No, no, it isn’t. Do some research. Ketones are fuel as well as any carbs needed can be made from amino acid in protein. Plus, she has 100 pounds of fat on her. She could live for months on that. Seriously.

I cut out sugar, sweetener, starch, fruit, grain. I lost eiggty fast and the other twevty over the next year and a half. Coming up on maintaining the first 80 for two years. No cravings. Amazing energy. Amazing peace.

You’re welcome to reach out to me. I still have 80-100 to go but I am insanely healthy and feel great! The peace is mind blowing!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:38 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Its not sustainable , I have never met someone at WW or Bariatric support group that was able to do keto more than a year

This is hilarious. Those of us doing it more than a year aren’t at bariatric or WW meetings because we Don’t need that support. For me, it will be 3 years in may. No cheats. No messing around. Go hard or go home, because the stricter you are, the easier it is.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How was recovery from the surgery? Very painful?

Not at all. It was uncomfortable for a few days but I wouldn’t say painful. As a matter of fact I just had my gallbladder out and I thought that was more painful than gastric bypass. It’s a huge, life altering decision and I did a TON of research. I seriously could not be happier with my decision.

chestnut

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:49 am
Can someone explain cutting all refined sugar? I understand sweets, junk, juices/soda. What about regular food? Nothing bought? No sugar/honey in, say, sauces or dressings?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:05 am
FYI - cutting out carbs causes risk of gallstones. Please look into this for yourself!

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:38 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
FYI - cutting out carbs causes risk of gallstones. Please look into this for yourself!

In my preliminary research, this is because eating fat more often causes the gall bladder to be flushed more frequently. If you already have gallstones forming, that will be a very painful experience.

But studies seem to indicate that a low-fat diet causes MORE gallstones than a high-fat diet.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 4:56 am
I can tell you how I lost 90lbs. Took about 10 months. Maintaining that weight loss for 16.5 years (except for gaining and then quickly dropping about 20 lb during two pregnancies.

No sugar
No flour
1 fruit per day(low glycemic index.. ie not pears, grapes, watermelon etc)
No starchy veg (ie peas, corn, potatoes)
4 Tbs fat per day
No snack between meals
Weigh or measure everything I eat
This is my OA/greysheet program
I am free of the prison of obesity and ill health. My triglycerides, cholesterol, sugar, bp are normal). I am free free free of cravings so I eat what I want because I want the food that keeps my mind sane and my body healthy.
Difficult to start but miraculous and simple when the benefits kick in.

DVOM

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 6:09 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I can tell you how I lost 90lbs. Took about 10 months. Maintaining that weight loss for 16.5 years (except for gaining and then quickly dropping about 20 lb during two pregnancies.

No sugar
No flour
1 fruit per day(low glycemic index.. ie not pears, grapes, watermelon etc)
No starchy veg (ie peas, corn, potatoes)
4 Tbs fat per day
No snack between meals
Weigh or measure everything I eat
This is my OA/greysheet program
I am free of the prison of obesity and ill health. My triglycerides, cholesterol, sugar, bp are normal). I am free free free of cravings so I eat what I want because I want the food that keeps my mind sane and my body healthy.
Difficult to start but miraculous and simple when the benefits kick in.

Hiya sister!!

I also lost about 100lbs on overeaters anonymous and have maintained that loss for almost 7 years. I follow a slightly different food plan called CEA/HOW which allows some starches (oatbran, and later on potatoes, brown rice ect.) but the main principals of no sugar, no flour and a plan of living that helps you cope with emotions and life circumstances that caused overeating in the first place.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 7:36 am
DVOM wrote:
Hiya sister!!

I also lost about 100lbs on overeaters anonymous and have maintained that loss for almost 7 years. I follow a slightly different food plan called CEA/HOW which allows some starches (oatbran, and later on potatoes, brown rice ect.) but the main principals of no sugar, no flour and a plan of living that helps you cope with emotions and life circumstances that caused overeating in the first place.

Hooray Hug Wave Wave

etg

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:18 am
If you would consider surgery, consider gastric bypass. Has the least effects on your lifestyle. My mother did it, and lost over 100 lbs that she had been carrying for over 20 years and nothing helped (the sea how diet did, but very hard to keep off). She is a huge proponent of the GB surgery, and would be happy to answer any questions you have if you'd like... (PM me)
If you don't want to go the surgical route here are some tips that make all the difference while dieting:
Replace meals with healthier foods, but DON'T SKIP THEM-that will make you binge while hungry and give up very quickly. EAT LOTS OF FOOD, but low-calorie ones. Take special care not to skip breakfast or you metabolism will sleep until you do...
EXERCISE. My personal favorite: try PIYO by beachbody which you can do from the comfort of your home with only a yoga mat. Or join the gym or swim or do cardio, but it makes all the difference.
Don't eat late at night (after 8/9).
Eating low carb foods will change your life. I'm not pro-keto at all, but cutting on carbs will make you lose quicker, you'll have more energy, less cravings, and is just easier to digest.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 8:24 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Its not sustainable , I have never met someone at WW or Bariatric support group that was able to do keto more than a year

I'll introduce you.

I know a few women who have done it and I'm sure there are more.

Personally I couldn't handle it, but for some people it really works.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise