Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I Wanna Lose Hundred Pounds. Fast
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
isn't the bypass the hardest surgery from all types of weight loss surgeries?

In terms of the actual surgery, yes it is. It is also the most affective and it’s been around the longest so there’s the most info available on it. In terms of recovery, pretty much the same as the sleeve.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Who told you three years? It’s 18 months at the most. I was so unhealthy and had a horrific pregnancy with my second - couldn’t get pregnant alone and the pregnancy was a nightmare with major medical issues with both me and baby. I never never never want to go through that again. I had the GB. Lost 100 lbs (still losing) I have a completely new life. I’m healthy, I’m fit and I FEEL GOOD! The surgery itself is really really not such a major deal. Are you afraid of the actual surgery or the life changes that you’ll need to make?

the actual surgery
the effects it will bring like heartburn and gallbladder issues
the process is also six months so that would be close to three years

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
the actual surgery
the effects it will bring like heartburn and gallbladder issues
the process is also six months so that would be close to three years

I suffered from really bad heartburn before surgery. Not one drop of heartburn in the ten months since.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:49 am
thanks everyone for your responses. very kind of you. I have some thinking to do now

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 10:55 am
I second or third Weight Watchers.
I'm on the blue plan.
It's not speedy fast weight loss. More like 5 lbs a month. But it really feels doable and I'm really not hungry.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'd love to do OA
I'd love the support and have been to meetings
I simply can't imagine how I will manage to prepare all these meals

You dont have to imagine. You just have to prepare 1 meal. Write it down. Tell it to your sponsor who will hold your hand and guide you. Attend a meeting of people who suffer as you do.and will provide nom judgemental support.
And then prepare the next meal.
Etc. Etc. Etc

amother
Red

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for the support. I believe that the diets work and I know it's my issue. I really can lose weight if I try. I have done it in the past
is WW very expensive? I've flushed down so much money on weight loss already

OP, I think what you - and many people - deal with is how to keep it off. That has to be built into any diet plan.
I could only cut out sugars and white flour as long as I did because b"H so far, it's been sustainable. For life.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:24 am
I don't think you should focus on 100 pounds.
Of course if you go with surgery then you should but if you want to take the diet route then you should make yourself one goal of let's say 40-50 pounds then a plan to keep it off and then another goal to start another diet a year later for the other 50.

Less overwhelming.
More doable.
Less berating yourself if you dont reach the 100 pounds.
And so on.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I don't think you should focus on 100 pounds.
Of course if you go with surgery then you should but if you want to take the diet route then you should make yourself one goal of let's say 40-50 pounds then a plan to keep it off and then another goal to start another diet a year later for the other 50.

Less overwhelming.
More doable.
Less berating yourself if you dont reach the 100 pounds.
And so on.

love this

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:47 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I second or third Weight Watchers.
I'm on the blue plan.
It's not speedy fast weight loss. More like 5 lbs a month. But it really feels doable and I'm really not hungry.

can you expand?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
OP, I think what you - and many people - deal with is how to keep it off. That has to be built into any diet plan.
I could only cut out sugars and white flour as long as I did because b"H so far, it's been sustainable. For life.

how was it sustainable?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
You dont have to imagine. You just have to prepare 1 meal. Write it down. Tell it to your sponsor who will hold your hand and guide you. Attend a meeting of people who suffer as you do.and will provide nom judgemental support.
And then prepare the next meal.
Etc. Etc. Etc

how do you go away for shabbos?
I go away very often

amother
Red

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how was it sustainable?

It's kind of crazy but I really think I can keep this up. I wasn't sure when I started. But now I can't eat a whole piece of cake. It's not worth it. I might take a nibble. And I make myself some healthier muffins with ww and honey. I allow myself chocolate but I nibble instead of eating rows at a time.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:53 am
I second intermittent fasting.
I do 16/8 and love it.
I eat from 10-6. I cut out refined sugar for the most part and try to eat healthy when I refuel. (that's what the eating period is called).
I didn't weigh myself yet but I see a difference on my skirts.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
can you expand?

It's a bit complicated to explain and takes some trial and error.
But the basis is that you're given a certain amount of daily points and additional weekly points.
Fruits, veggies, beans, eggs, fish, and lean poultry breast are free. Everything else has points depending on it's fat/sugar/carbs/fiber content. A cup of pasta is 6 points, 1 cup skim milk is 3 points.
So yesterday, breakfast was a board of matza and scrambled eggs.
Lunch was salad with chickpeas and some dressing.
Supper was grilled chicken, rice, roasted broccoli.
I had some coffees with milk.
And several fruit over the day.
All together, I stayed well in my points, didn't use my extra weeklies, but had substantial meals and snacks.
I save my weeklies for Shabbos- allow myself a piece of kugel or something. Or even an occasional slice of pizza.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:02 pm
Op, go to weight watchers...
Next year you will be 50-75 pounds less without starving yourself!
You can do it!!! You really can!!!!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how do you go away for shabbos?
I go away very often

Close family knows how my obesity was killing me and want me to survive and be able to be with them for many more shabbosos. After seeing my seriousness nd sticktoit mentality, they have purchased scales and leave out the sugar, flour and starch etc when they cook so they can prepare for me. What a treat. Other places I take a scale. A cup. A tablespoon and extra food just in case. Its easier to take along than shlepping 90 pounds of excess weight. Also alot less funny looking to weigh and eat my special food than it looked to inhale a full plate and gorge at the sweet table when I was close to 300 pounds. Im so so grateful to be living close to 2 decades at a normal body size that I am filled with pure joy to do anything to sustain it. I remember all to well the tight girdles, binding clothes, dripping sweat, shortness of breath , upset stomach and heartburn that were a part of every day of my life of obesity. No chocolate bar or shabbos at a hotel is worth sliding god forbid into that hellish life again.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Op, go to weight watchers...
Next year you will be 50-75 pounds less without starving yourself!
You can do it!!! You really can!!!!

where can I find a weight watchers group?
is it very expensive to join?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Close family knows how my obesity was killing me and want me to survive and be able to be with them for many more shabbosos. After seeing my seriousness nd sticktoit mentality, they have purchased scales and leave out the sugar, flour and starch etc when they cook so they can prepare for me. What a treat. Other places I take a scale. A cup. A tablespoon and extra food just in case. Its easier to take along than shlepping 90 pounds of excess weight. Also alot less funny looking to weigh and eat my special food than it looked to inhale a full plate and gorge at the sweet table when I was close to 300 pounds. Im so so grateful to be living close to 2 decades at a normal body size that I am filled with pure joy to do anything to sustain it. I remember all to well the tight girdles, binding clothes, dripping sweat, shortness of breath , upset stomach and heartburn that were a part of every day of my life of obesity. No chocolate bar or shabbos at a hotel is worth sliding god forbid into that hellish life again.

I wish wish wish wish where do I start?? too good to be true

lamplighter

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:08 pm
Ok NEWSFLASH.
ALL diets works SO LONG as you stay on them.
If you go off, you gain the weight back plus more.
Here's my advice (yes from lots of experience) cut the "quick" element from this journey and think about what you can do forever. Bc that's how long you will have to do it to keep the weight off.

Once you've come to terms with that, go ahead and pick a "diet" that is your forever plan.

If you're interested in a great book about lifestyle changes etc. mini habits for weightloss is something I enjoyed.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise