Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Pregnant and SO SO overweight

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:41 am
I'm in my first trimester and 100 pounds overweight!!!
I don't know what to focus on and how to get through this.
Please, any chizuk and ideas!!!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 11:52 am
If you could handle it (first trimester nausea makes it very hard to handle anything) maybe discuss w your dr going on a gestational diabetes type diet. It gives your baby enough nutrition, you won’t be hungry if you can handle the proteins and most ppl don’t gain weight when on it during pregnancy.

Teomima

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:02 pm
First of all, focus more on your health than your weight. How's your cholesterol? Triglycerides? Blood pressure? Blood sugar? These are the things to focus on right now, moreso than the number on the scale. If you have high cholesterol, for example, stay away from red meat and fatty cheeses.

As long as you're feeling up to it and have no other complications, you can exercise throughout your pregnancy if you like. Maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. Eat balanced meals, snack on things like nuts, raw veggies, and dried fruit (the no added sugar variety). You're at a higher risk for gestational diabetes so keep that in mind.

Find yourself a fat-friendly OB. I've been very overweight throughout all of my pregnancies and I can tell you a doctor who is not going to guilt you over it every checkup makes a huge difference. Yes ideally you'd weigh less but this is the reality of your situation and you deserve a doctor that will help you and not just make you feel bad about yourself.

(Oh my gosh I HATED every single ultrasound tech I had. They'd complain that it was hard to see through my fat and I just wanted to scream at them, "What do you want me to do about it now?? Lay off me! You think complaining is going to suddenly change everything?? It is what it is, so just do your job, do the best that you can given the circumstances and end of story!")

Overall just try and be as healthy as possible, don't drive yourself crazy, and enjoy your pregnancy!

zaftigmom

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:48 pm
So agree about the fat friendly OB. Just want to say that my fat pregnancy was easier than my barely overweight pregnancy. I know that's not necessarily the case for most people but you just focus on your health and don't worry about the numbers on the scale. There's little you can do about it. Eat well, gently exercise, sleep well, reduce stress etc. Beshaah tova!!!

lamplighter

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:55 pm
Focus on getting through the first trimester and then once your feeling less sick you can start focusing on drinking water and eating healthier.
Take your vitamins for now and trust your body, it is incredible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise