Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Mary and little lamb MM and Poem
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:27 pm
Children are dressing up as Mary and the little lamb.
Any ideas for Mishloach Manos?
Would also love a one or two line poem....
Thank you!

singleagain

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 12:33 pm
Marshmallows and or cotton candy for fluffy lamb

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:12 pm
singleagain wrote:
Marshmallows and or cotton candy for fluffy lamb

That's cute!! I guess just in a small bag... with what else?

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:37 pm
lamb chops?

egam

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:45 pm
Raisin wrote:
lamb chops?

That’s one MM I wouldn’t mind to get 😂

mamma llama

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:47 pm
Baby lambs drink milk so you can put in those cute milk box drinks.
I thin lambs also eat corn and grainy things, so you can put in oatmeal bars/cookies or even just make small bags of granola. You can also put in corn nuts (which you can buy from any nut store).

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 1:51 pm
Lamb shaped sugar cookies.

mamma llama

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:01 pm
Mary had a little lamb
who she took to hear megillah
All the kids thought it was a costume
And shared something vanilla

Then, you can make your MM vanilla themed. (Vanilla rugelach, French vanilla coffee drinks, white chocolate...)

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 24 2020, 2:12 pm
mary had a little lamb whoose fleece was white as snow
everywehre that mary went her lamb was sure to go
marshmellows for snow

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:07 am
Thanks all! Keep them coming.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:21 am
You could make lamb cupcakes
https://preppykitchen.com/sheep-cupcakes/

https://www.silhouettedesignst.....23968

If your handy You could also make your own basket, covered in cotton balls and black felt and google eyes for the face. and then fill with any color of your choice.

https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf5......html

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:24 am
Someone mentioned small shepherd's pie for shepherd

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 10:27 am
Maybe old fashioned like brown wicker handle baskets

It's a fairy tale, nursery rhyme maybe
ABC cookies. Maybe paci candies for lullaby.

Raisin

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 11:25 am
You could do an old fashioned lunch basket such as a shepherd(ess) would take with to work...basket with rustic bread, wedge of cheese, and old fashioned looking glass bottle of drink. (maybe lemonade) Label it Mary's lunch basket! Please do not touch. Or something like that.

I like the shepherd's pie idea too.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 27 2020, 5:52 pm
Raisin, Thanks! I like that idea!! Maybe her lunch to school....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 11:54 am
Anyone else?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 3:37 pm
Im thinking to go with Marys lunch... But I Need more ideas what basket, what to put inside and a poem. Please help me out here!! Smile

ectomorph

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 6:55 pm
The song refers to christianity. Mary is the mother of yoshka the lamb.you should not do this theme.

groisamomma

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 7:10 pm
ectomorph wrote:
The song refers to christianity. Mary is the mother of yoshka the lamb.you should not do this theme.

This. Sheep and shepherd I've seen but working around a theme rooted in Christianity probably won't go over so well on a Jewish holiday.

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 7:19 pm
groisamomma wrote:

ectomorph wrote:

This. Sheep and shepherd I've seen but working around a theme rooted in Christianity probably won't go over so well on a Jewish holiday.

Omg. Not everything is some secret Christian plot!

Mary's little lamb.. was a lamb owned by a school girl named Mary. And the lamb for follow her to school.

https://modernfarmer.com/2017/.....lamb/

The nursery rhyme, which was was first published in 1830, is based on an actual incident involving Mary Elizabeth Sawyer, a woman born in 1806 on a farm in Sterling, Mass. In 1815, Mary, then nine, was helping her father with farm chores when they discovered a sickly newborn lamb in the sheep pen that had been abandoned by its mother. After a lot of pleading, Mary was allowed to keep the animal, although her father didn’t hold out much hope for its survival. Against the odds, Mary managed to nurse the lamb back to health.

“In the morning, much to my girlish delight, it could stand; and from that time it improved rapidly. It soon learned to drink milk; and from the time it would walk about, it would follow me anywhere if I only called it,” Mary would later write in the 1880s, many decades after the incident. And, yes, the lamb would indeed follow her wherever she went and did have a fleece as white as snow.

Sometime later, it’s uncertain exactly when, Mary was heading to school with her brother when the lamb began following them. The siblings apparently weren’t trying very hard to prevent the lamb from tagging along, even hauling it over a large stone fence they had to cross to get to Redstone School, the one-room schoolhouse they attended. Once there, Mary secreted her pet under her desk and covered her with a blanket. But when Mary was called to the front of the class to recite her lessons, the lamb popped out of its hiding place and, much to Mary’s chagrin and to the merriment of her classmates, came loping up the aisle after her. The lamb was shooed out, where it then waited outside until Mary took her home during lunch. The next day, John Roulstone, a student a year or two older, handed Mary a piece of paper with a poem he’d written about the previous day’s events.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics