Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
SIPPY CUPS

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:26 pm
My dd, 13 months, refuses to drink from a sippy cup. She never had a bottle but likes to drink from a regular cup--with my help. Any ideas how to teach her to drink from a sippy cup? TIA!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:42 pm
Maybe the sippy cup is too hard to suck out of. Try one with a straw, or first take out the gauge and then put it back in afer she mastered it.

Bzgirl

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:45 pm
is the spout a soft one? and also does it have handles? these 2 things are important. and basically I took it along wherever I went till she got the hang of it...now a year later shes addicted Smile

Momof2kiddies

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 10:58 pm
skip the sippy cup...go straight to a straw cup....much better for the teeth.

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 11:04 pm
My son's first sippy cup was the Nuby, and he did not like it at all. To find out why this was, I tried it myself.The cup was really annoyingly frustratingly difficult to get anything out of. So I would suggest that you try your daughter's sippy sup yourself and see if the flow is fast and easy: otherwise try a new one. Some babies may prefer the cup without the spillproof piece that attaches to the cup.My son preferred it like that cu the flow was faster. Now we are using an Avent Magic sport sippy cup that we are happy with B"H. Good luck!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 11:16 pm
Ours was also the nuby and not only did I hate it because everythign always spilled everywhere, but ds didn't like it either.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jan 21 2008, 11:23 pm
If the flow is the issue, I like the ones made by The First Years.
They don't use a valve, but have a rubber piece in the spout that is slit.

They make disposable ones, too. The flow is great, and they're 90% spillproof.

gold21

Post Tue, Jan 22 2008, 12:16 am
My son's first sippy cup was the Nuby, and he did not like it at all. To find out why this was, I tried it myself.The cup was really annoyingly frustratingly difficult to get anything out of. So I would suggest that you try your daughter's sippy sup yourself and see if the flow is fast and easy: otherwise try a new one. Some babies may prefer the cup without the spillproof piece that attaches to the cup.My son preferred it like that cu the flow was faster. Now we are using an Avent Magic sport sippy cup that we are happy with B"H. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics